Post Phoenix Pics Please

I have 2 whites so far! 3 more pipped (that I can tell...trying not to bother her is VERY hard). I'll try to post more pics tomorrow. Congratulations on tomorrow! And I can't thank you enough:D

Tabatha, stop opening the bator! Those are in broody lockdown! LOL
I can't help it...lol. I'm shaking, I'm so excited. I have wanted this breed FOREVER. Never thought it would actually happen. I was so nervous about another hen running her off of these eggs that I brought her in the house. Her nest is beside my couch! I haven't left the house more than 10 minutes at a time since I moved her in. With them hatching tonight, I'm even scared to go to bed...lol. I might miss something! Even my dog is keeping near the nest. He jumps up and noses me every time she fidgets. Got a doctors appointment an hour and a half away tomorrow, and I don't know if I can take it. May have to find a away to stream the nest or take her with me...lol. if you can't tell, I'm thrilled, impatient, neurotic, and crazy in love with these babies!

LOL After years of hatching I still get down and press my face against the door to watch hatches. I have a broody hatch a bunch of chicks out in a Pepsi carton she ran off to lay in. In my neighbor's garbage heap. My grand daughter was about 5 or 6 and walks in saying "You dumb bird layed eggs next door in THIS!" LOL That thing had been rained on and smashed and she got them almost all to hatch. I couldn't believe she got it here in one piece though, cause I didn't think it would make it to a crate. LOL I'm glad Rambob made this happen for you. He's done great with the Goldens which makes me very happy. Enjoy your babies.

FIVE! 2 Goldens and 3 whites! One more golden is pipped. They are gorgeous! I don't wanna leave them today :'(

Do have a question though...only two whites have the dot on the head, one doesn't have it at all...mean anything?

most whites are on silver duckwing bases, they usually a pure white like the single chicks there.
But white is just a mask covering any color. In the case that it's on a red, such as a bb red, you get red head dots for some crazy reason, not sure why.
But that's what these are, whites over a red base.
They are almost certain to grow up and show red leakage on them in the hackles / saddles on males, and the throat breast area on girls.

This is why most breeders make their recessive white birds on silver bases. It covers black much better that red and you end up with a good clean white bird

I'm not sure since I don't have whites. Just popped in to see how your hatch was going. Congrats!!#

Are there more viable eggs?

One more golden hatched while I was at the doctor, and 2 more look good to hatch. 2 others have wonky air cells, but when I candle there is movement in there, so I've left them just in case.

most whites are on silver duckwing bases, they usually a pure white like the single chicks there.
But white is just a mask covering any color. In the case that it's on a red, such as a bb red, you get red head dots for some crazy reason, not sure why.
But that's what these are, whites over a red base.
They are almost certain to grow up and show red leakage on them in the hackles / saddles on males, and the throat breast area on girls.

This is why most breeders make their recessive white birds on silver bases. It covers black much better that red and you end up with a good clean white bird

Oh ok. First time with the breed in pure form. Trying to learn as much as possible :D Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom