Post Phoenix Pics Please

Yes I believe that the whites are over a red because the hen has red leakage under the throat and rooster in saddle area. I have a chick that hatched buff/white colored from the whites lol.

most whites are on silver duckwing bases, they usually a pure white like the single chicks there.
But white is just a mask covering any color. In the case that it's on a red, such as a bb red, you get red head dots for some crazy reason, not sure why.
But that's what these are, whites over a red base.
They are almost certain to grow up and show red leakage on them in the hackles / saddles on males, and the throat breast area on girls.

This is why most breeders make their recessive white birds on silver bases. It covers black much better that red and you end up with a good clean white bird
awww Interesting

The chicks are doing great. I candled the remaining 4 eggs...2 left under the broody demon and 2 I discarded. I checked before tossing and it was like scrambled eggs in there. One of the ones I kept, I can feel movement inside it. The other candled exactly like it. How long should I give it until I do a water test? Btw...the chicks got to spend the day outside with "momma"...she stayed on the remaining eggs while they played and pecked right outside the nest. They went bananas over mealworms. I'm keeping them in the house at night.

I've had up to day 28 on eggs, even under a broody. Matter of fact, that's why I had chicks hatch in the trash this week. Just let her sit and don't bother her to much.

Back
Top Bottom