Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
Quote:
Yp, I remeber talking about it, but not what all we said, too many conversations since, lol

But yes, they do have large white lobes, that is correct, also slate legs

yes he has slate legs as well

Quote:
I dont have a picture but BBReds, hens and roosters are pure for gold genes.

Golden Duckwings, is really just a roo color the hens are pure for silver genes and the roos have Autosomal red, and/or split for both Gold and Silver genes. I'm still a little cloudy on weather the gold duckwing breeds true or if pure silver roos are also produced.

Quote:
I dont have a picture but BBReds, hens and roosters are pure for gold genes.

Golden Duckwings, is really just a roo color the hens are pure for silver genes and the roos have Autosomal red, and/or split for both Gold and Silver genes. I'm still a little cloudy on weather the gold duckwing breeds true or if pure silver roos are also produced.

when you plug them in the calculator they dont.
Actually if you put a gold hen in then click go to calculator, when you get there it has automatically changed it to silver hens

the results are a silver cock and hen a bb hen and a gold roo

Like I just told you Clint, I just got in those blue golds, blue silvers, and some new bb's, will let yall know what the result is

I will post some pics for you all as soon as I can

on the bb red to gold comparison though it's obvious

The bb's are red and black roos, brownish gold to red hens

golds are black and yellows, with silver duck wing looking hens

Now I have seen "gold duckwings" on very reputable sites where the hens pictured look like bb reds, but with a gold neck on them, so,,,????

I am getting ready to purchase my first bantam phoenixes (chicks). In order to get their tails to grow fully, I understand that they need to be off the ground as much as possible and kept away from other birds. Is this correct? Do they need to have a taller than normal cage so as to have higher roosts? My son plans to show them and he is a perfectionist when it comes to his birds. Any other advice for new owners to the breed? Thanks.

im still confused...
hide.gif

Quote:
not really off the groung, but yes if possible that always helps.
The main problem with breakage is when it rains and they get them wet and or muddy, they become brittle then for a few days
second biggest problem is, yes other birds stepping on them.

for the 100% best tail, it is best to keep a male totally by himself, just 1 hen is all it takes to step on it and break them off.
If you have a spare male, try that, and you'll see just how long it can get.
usually 2-4 feet in phoenix.

pens with wire bottoms raise a little off the ground, or with a heavy sand bed in the bottom and covered with litter, and fully roofed tops help keep them dry and clean.
That's my biggest issue, keeping that tail dry in tha weather.

Quote:
haha, dont worry, I think everybody is to a degree on the golds.

here's what the lady I just got mine told me on how to tell them apart from silver or bb red.

she says, as for the gold verses silver hens that look a lot a like, look at the back area of the hens. A gold hen should have a brownish tint to them, where a silver hen will be mostly all pale grey. Also the silver hens will have a more white ness to the breast area

Now there are the bb red looking ones too as I mentioned, those in gold are the ones with a straw yellow hackle and convert area, a bb red hen will be much darker, wont be a true yellow in other words, but a deep dark gold color to near red in some cases.

Back
Top Bottom