Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
Pretty!
smile.png

Here is my 5 month old silver rooster. I was going to call him Haku but it's not very fitting to his personality. I'm thinking of changing it to something else. (I almost called him Manson due to his weird psychotic behavior, now I thinking Albi) Any suggestions would be cool.

168979_1494964982006_1470512937_31037485_377688_n.jpg

168979_1494965022007_1470512937_31037486_3408271_n.jpg

Ignore his ratty tail please. Any suggestions on how I would let it grow longer? Like specific cages or something? I read somewhere about a cage that you put long tailed chickens in and it keeps them from ripping out their tails but I can't find anything more about it.

Quote:
Nice looking roo, he is Golden Duckwing by the way, not Silver, Silvers dont have the Red Shoulder patch. He also has a lot of mottling in the breast? Do where did you get him from and can you get another pic from the front to show his breast feathers, it almost looks like the actual mottling gene is being expressed like a Golden Duckwing version of the Spangled color ( in terms of gamefowl, Spangled is Mottled Red Duckwing) I have seen some phoenix roos with just the typical flaw white tips in the breast but not with that amount and arrangement.

Quote:
Nice looking roo, he is Golden Duckwing by the way, not Silver, Silvers dont have the Red Shoulder patch. He also has a lot of mottling in the breast? Do where did you get him from and can you get another pic from the front to show his breast feathers, it almost looks like the actual mottling gene is being expressed like a Golden Duckwing version of the Spangled color ( in terms of gamefowl, Spangled is Mottled Red Duckwing) I have seen some phoenix roos with just the typical flaw white tips in the breast but not with that amount and arrangement.

Was just thinking the same thing in regards to the mottling, Have to say, it looks awsome on him too.

Quote:
What are you working on for a project?

Working on getting black phoenix.
I crossed my regular phoenix to a white faced black spanish hen, and so far this is how they are looking,
but i have 3 pullets from them now that are pure black, so i now i am trying to think on how to cross those to get more phoenix blood in and more black to come out.
I did not think of the second stage
hmm.png
lolo

Quote:
What are you working on for a project?

I crossed my regular phoenix to a white faced black spanish hen, and so far this is how they are looking,
but i have 3 pullets from them now that are pure black, so i now i am trying to think on how to cross those to get more phoenix blood in and more black to come out.
hmm.png
lolo

have you thought about adding sumatrua? They are a long tailed breed right?

Quote:
hmm.png
lolo

Yes they are, but i dont want to mix in a 3rd if i dont have to.
So far i think the phoenix trate is comeing in very good on the youngs i have now, even the body structure is like them too, i will take some good pics of them later.

Quote:

Yes they are, but i dont want to mix in a 3rd if i dont have to.
So far i think the phoenix trate is comeing in very good on the youngs i have now, even the body structure is like them too, i will take some good pics of them later.

What if you crossed a sumatra with a phoenix and then bred that to the phoenix/white face, i would worry when you cross the phoenix/whiteface back to a phoenix (to get type and the long feather gene) that you would have a small % of black or partial black chicks. But if you had the sumatra it would give you more of a black gene pool. At least that's my thoughts on it.

Back
Top Bottom