Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
Quote:
Yes they are, but i dont want to mix in a 3rd if i dont have to.
So far i think the phoenix trate is comeing in very good on the youngs i have now, even the body structure is like them too, i will take some good pics of them later.

What if you crossed a sumatra with a phoenix and then bred that to the phoenix/white face, i would worry when you cross the phoenix/whiteface back to a phoenix (to get type and the long feather gene) that you would have a small % of black or partial black chicks. But if you had the sumatra it would give you more of a black gene pool. At least that's my thoughts on it.

Good point, maybe i do both and see how things work out with each group.

Quote:
What if you crossed a sumatra with a phoenix and then bred that to the phoenix/white face, i would worry when you cross the phoenix/whiteface back to a phoenix (to get type and the long feather gene) that you would have a small % of black or partial black chicks. But if you had the sumatra it would give you more of a black gene pool. At least that's my thoughts on it.

Good point, maybe i do both and see how things work out with each group.

Yeah, i dont know alot about color genetics, but black seems dominant if one parent is black and the other is another color (ofcouse with the exception with having a dominant white parent) but idk how the genetics play out in the next generation. What do you plan to cross your f1s with?

Edit to ask:

So what is the size of a bantam Phoenix in comparison to an OEGB?

Last edited:
A bantam phoenix is bigger than the OEGB, But smaller than the standard.

Ok here are some new pics, i know crappy camara
tongue.png

z-phoenixX13.jpg

z-phoenixX16.jpg

z-phoenixX8.jpg

z-phoenixX7.jpg

z-phoenixX6.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
What are you working on for a project?

Working on getting black phoenix.
I crossed my regular phoenix to a white faced black spanish hen, and so far this is how they are looking,
but i have 3 pullets from them now that are pure black, so i now i am trying to think on how to cross those to get more phoenix blood in and more black to come out.
I did not think of the second stage
hmm.png
lolo

Just FYI you do know Black Phoenix already exist dont you ? But if you just want to remake them your best bet would be breeding Whites or Silver Duckwings to Black or Blue Dutch Bantams and working from there as Dutch Bantams are pretty close to phoenix as far as the earlobes and leg colors and all that.

Quote:
Nice looking roo, he is Golden Duckwing by the way, not Silver, Silvers dont have the Red Shoulder patch. He also has a lot of mottling in the breast? Do where did you get him from and can you get another pic from the front to show his breast feathers, it almost looks like the actual mottling gene is being expressed like a Golden Duckwing version of the Spangled color ( in terms of gamefowl, Spangled is Mottled Red Duckwing) I have seen some phoenix roos with just the typical flaw white tips in the breast but not with that amount and arrangement.

Was just thinking the same thing in regards to the mottling, Have to say, it looks awsome on him too.

Really? I just thought he was a poorly colored silver. :XD: Is he still poorly colored? Like if his chest was all black and he had white earlobes could he have been a showbird?
I got him from a lady who breeds and shows phoenixes. I was going to show him only to find out he had rather poor coloring and his earlobes are red(they seem to be turning white so I'm crossing my fingers). She had some phoenixes who she got from a breeder and they were champions.

Here are some pictures of his spangling color on his chest. Sorry they are sorta blurry. He's wasn't happy with me holding him(He hates people haha) and he wouldn't stand still for me to just take a picture.
167237_1495914645747_1470512937_31039184_8242236_n.jpg

167237_1495914685748_1470512937_31039185_5371350_n.jpg

The spangling covers his chest and underside mostly. The lady we got him from told us his spangling should go away when he gets older. I'm not entirely sure that's true but he's pretty either way.

Quote:
Working on getting black phoenix.
I crossed my regular phoenix to a white faced black spanish hen, and so far this is how they are looking,
but i have 3 pullets from them now that are pure black, so i now i am trying to think on how to cross those to get more phoenix blood in and more black to come out.
I did not think of the second stage
hmm.png
lolo

Just FYI you do know Black Phoenix already exist dont you ? But if you just want to remake them your best bet would be breeding Whites or Silver Duckwings to Black or Blue Dutch Bantams and working from there as Dutch Bantams are pretty close to phoenix as far as the earlobes and leg colors and all that.

Dutch are pretty close, though and black pheonix are gorgeous. couldn't you breed Duckwings with poor coloring until eventually you had a pure black.

Last edited:
Quote:
Was just thinking the same thing in regards to the mottling, Have to say, it looks awsome on him too.

Really? I just thought he was a poorly colored silver. :XD: Is he still poorly colored? Like if his chest was all black and he had white earlobes could he have been a showbird?
I got him from a lady who breeds and shows phoenixes. I was going to show him only to find out he had rather poor coloring and his earlobes are red(they seem to be turning white so I'm crossing my fingers). She had some phoenixes who she got from a breeder and they were champions.

Here are some pictures of his spangling color on his chest. Sorry they are sorta blurry. He's wasn't happy with me holding him(He hates people haha) and he wouldn't stand still for me to just take a picture.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...95914645747_1470512937_31039184_8242236_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...95914685748_1470512937_31039185_5371350_n.jpg

The spangling covers his chest and underside mostly. The lady we got him from told us his spangling should go away when he gets older. I'm not entirely sure that's true but he's pretty either way.

Its hard to say for sure but it kinda looks like Mottleing to me. Do you have a way to contact the lady and ask her if she has any mottled birds? I dont see him as being show quality but a very nice looking color none the less.

Quote:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...95914645747_1470512937_31039184_8242236_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...95914685748_1470512937_31039185_5371350_n.jpg

Its hard to say for sure but it kinda looks like Mottleing to me. Do you have a way to contact the lady and ask her if she has any mottled birds? I dont see him as being show quality but a very nice looking color none the less.

I don't know. I know the lady's mom works at one of the bet offices but I'm not sure. I guess it isn't too terrible though. I did get him for free and I'm still planning on hatching some(I was trying to get him a girlfriend haha but if I get a roo I might wind up keeping on of them as well). Besides, with his poor coloring it might not be a great idea to breed him(unless I was trying to create a new color in phoenixes or if I were doing a project) We'll see.

Quote:

I don't know. I know the lady's mom works at one of the bet offices but I'm not sure. I guess it isn't too terrible though. I did get him for free and I'm still planning on hatching some(I was trying to get him a girlfriend haha but if I get a roo I might wind up keeping on of them as well). Besides, with his poor coloring it might not be a great idea to breed him(unless I was trying to create a new color in phoenixes or if I were doing a project) We'll see.

If I were you I would want to breed him just to see if it really is mottling if for no other reason. But since mottling is recessive it should take two generation too see if you crossed him with a non mottled bird.

Back
Top Bottom