Post Phoenix Pics Please

To anyone in southeast Arkansas! We have some free Silver Phoenix hatching eggs available from the Uinversity of Arkansas flock. Preference to 4H/FFA student.These are FREE and must be picked up in Monticello, Arkansas. PM me and we can place you on a list. We are still waiting on our local youth to respond. Should know by Sunday afternoon exactly how many we will have available.
Wished I lived closer!
big_smile.png

HERE IS A VIDEO OF MY BB RED PHOENIXES THIS YEAR :)
These are my better ones !

Aubreyyyyy! The banded ones are Toni's... What do you think?

maybe they will. I'm getting a few odds and ends again now, if they dont and you want to try for some more though I should have a few
Nah...I doubt it cuz the veins are real close in the top/wide end, where the air cell was suppose to b....and know as the egg is turnin....the humidity will dry them out without the membrane there!
Only thing I can hope for is that it will hurry up & produce veins reachin the bottom where there is more moisture for them to survive!

My daughter has gotten discourage bout this & the shippin thing!...but Im goin to try again & not tell her til I get the eggs here....& pray that my next batch will hatch!!
I know it will pick her spirits up!! when she "Actually" sees a Phoenix egg hatch!!....knowing she will have a beautiful bird...(that we dont eat...lol).....& then she will b very excited to finally have what she wants to Show Off!!

She has already drawn a cage for me to build so she can keep a "Her Prize Rooster" in her bedroom!!...lol

So, I know phoenix's aren't notable layers or anything, but is it normal to only have gotten 2 eggs in the past 2 weeks from my 5 pullets? in the first week I had them, I got 9 eggs. Now nothing.

Nah...I doubt it cuz the veins are real close in the top/wide end, where the air cell was suppose to b....and know as the egg is turnin....the humidity will dry them out without the membrane there!
Only thing I can hope for is that it will hurry up & produce veins reachin the bottom where there is more moisture for them to survive!

My daughter has gotten discourage bout this & the shippin thing!...but Im goin to try again & not tell her til I get the eggs here....& pray that my next batch will hatch!!
I know it will pick her spirits up!! when she "Actually" sees a Phoenix egg hatch!!....knowing she will have a beautiful bird...(that we dont eat...lol).....& then she will b very excited to finally have what she wants to Show Off!!

She has already drawn a cage for me to build so she can keep a "Her Prize Rooster" in her bedroom!!...lol
yep I t cant tick you off at times the way the PO handles eggs, and for some reason, I have notice Texas is extra ruff on them. Not sure what it is there but they do get a lot of them. If you are getting veins though, you are in good shape, at least it's trying. Loose aircells will still hatch if your lucky, ruptured aircells will never even develope. Sounds like you just have a loose one if you are getting some action so maybe you'll get 1 or 2 at least, you can always cross your fingers!!!

Hope she gets some one way or another, always nice to see new people take intrest in the breed

So, I know phoenix's aren't notable layers or anything, but is it normal to only have gotten 2 eggs in the past 2 weeks from my 5 pullets? in the first week I had them, I got 9 eggs. Now nothing.
I have about 400-500 bantams here and am getting about 40 eggs a week out of ALL them. It's just an off time and out of season deal. come spring they'll be popping out about 1 a day each for you, at least 1 every other day.

This is my Roo. He looks just like a silver phoenix. An idea what other bantam breeds look just like them but without the tails????? He is almost a year old.

Back
Top Bottom