post pics of your Buff, Blue, and Lavender americans!

Quote:
ep.gif
2016! OMG....you are an incredibly patient person. Goodness these guys must be rare.
th.gif

BTW... absolutely
love.gif
the pictures. What absolutely gorgeous geese!!

Well, I live with my mom, and she HATES geese cause they are "mean"
roll.png

Quote:
ep.gif
2016! OMG....you are an incredibly patient person. Goodness these guys must be rare.
th.gif

BTW... absolutely
love.gif
the pictures. What absolutely gorgeous geese!!

roll.png

My husband was convinced they were mean too: He was attacked by a flock of angry geese as a child. He likes ours now..so good luck with your mom!

Quote:
roll.png

My husband was convinced they were mean too: He was attacked by a flock of angry geese as a child. He likes ours now..so good luck with your mom!

My dad really wanted some, but mom said "no way!" So no geese till im out! Lol.

Quote:
Oregon, In the first picture in the background. The White and Buff colored goose. Is that a Buff Saddleback Pomeranian?

I think she only has one pomeranian, and its a gray
smile.png

[[[......The White and Buff colored goose. Is that a Buff Saddleback Pomeranian?......]]]]]

She is buff Saddleback marked, and I think her color is outstanding. However, she is not a purebred. Her sire is a Blue American. Her dam is a Gray Saddleback Pomeranian. She's build exactly like her mother and, if I had lower ethics, I could have passed her off as a purebred Pomeranian. The only thing that gives her away is that she is double lobed and not single lobed, as required in a Pomeranian.

She's been invited to attend Christmas dinner and will help me to evaluate the utility qualities of my geese.

Pomeranian geese are built differently than other geese. They are shorter and stouter. Breast is more prominent, neck is shorter and thicker. This cross breed is build like a quality Pomeranian. Her dam has a Grand Champion Waterfowl win; she is a nice goose and this baby is built just like her and marked just like her.

That's a very good reason to be very careful whom you buy from. Check out reputations. Ask questions. This beautiful little goose might even have won some shows as a Pomeranian but she would be a disaster in the breeding pen. Half her genes are from a Blue American and she would pass on some of those genes half the time instead of the gorgeous Pomeranian genes. Anyone who tried to breed her, thinking she was a purebred Pomeranian, would be very frustrated about what they hatched out.

Back
Top Bottom