Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

I just bought 26 Ross Cobb broiler chicks, day old and I put them into a dog cage beside Marmalade and the three babies who are in another dog cage. As soon as I had put them in Marmalade ( who is a small bantam who fits about 10 eggs maximum comfortably beneath her) was calling them and they all squeezed through the narrow bars of both cages and ran under her and she is now sitting on 29 small chicks! She looks really flat because she has spread herself out so much and although a couple are sort of poking out the sides she is managing really well. It was so funny to see them all one by one filing through the bars of the cages to this very small hen who was herding them in!!!!

I just bought 26 Ross Cobb broiler chicks, day old and I put them into a dog cage beside Marmalade and the three babies who are in another dog cage. As soon as I had put them in Marmalade         ( who is a small bantam who fits about 10 eggs maximum comfortably beneath her) was calling them and they all squeezed through the narrow bars of both cages and ran under her and she is now sitting on 29 small chicks! She looks really flat because she has spread herself out so much and although a couple are sort of poking out the sides she is managing really well. It was so funny to see them all one by one filing through the bars of the cages to this very small hen who was herding them in!!!!

Get a pic an post that!

Back
Top Bottom