post you mallard duck photos here

These are my five Mallards and one Swedish Black (George - also seen below standing guard over the dish)

This was the day I introduced them to the kiddie pool. The one outside walked around it a half dozen times before figuring out how to use the steps to get in.

When they were fully feathered they moved from my yard to our property in SC where there is an abandoned pool full of bullfrogs and dragonflies. They loved it there.

Last edited:
oh those are very nice looking ducks
love.gif

This is my mallard hen, Mallie, and my 3 younger mallards. They also live with my 4 year old Pekin male, Guy. (Such original names, I know.)
I haven't named the younger ones yet.
I love Mallie's blue wing spots. They are a very vibrant blue.
How do I sex juvenile mallards? Beak color?

Just found this thread today, sorry if it's not current to post in.

I have two Mallard Drakes. Have had them from about 1-day old from a California Hatchery. Here's a few photos of them when young and now close to 3-years old. They are a constant source of enjoyment, true ambasadors of the duck world (IMHO). Just wished I would have gotten a male and female.

Speedy

Mr. Peepers

Mr. Peepers showing off

Mr. Peepers ~4 days old

Speedy with Mr. Peepers behind

Such an exciting day today.

My son's girls arrived. Three Mallard Hens.

So far my son (Brandon) hasn't selected names for them so I'm calling them #1, #2 and #3.

As of now, Brandon is seriously thinking of calling them Larry, Curley and Moe; after the Three Stooges! Really!???

If anybody has some better names, we'd welcome them.

Thanks!

Here's a few photos of the girls, enjoy.

We were told at Tractor Supply Company that these are mallards, but I am not 100% sure. What do other people think? The smaller one has 2 stripes (which people say usually means rouen) and the bigger one has the stripe with dot (which people say mallard). I would think if they were 1 of each then the smaller one should be larger. In some of the pictures I have our little pekin in the picture for size comparison. They are all 12 days old in pictures 3-6.

Back
Top Bottom