post your chicken coop pictures here!

Oooohhhh yayyy!! Excellent plan... or should I say eggcellent :p
Yep. Looks like I'll be on for the Easter hatch after all. If all goes well
1f609.png

I finished a full Chicken Coop Plan page about my coop above, you can find it here https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hilltop-hens

Thats pretty impressive, and similar to what I am wanting to start building for my growing flock.
I question though, how necessary do you find the hardware cloth/lath under the floor deck? What kinda critters are known for ripping through flooring decking?

@bigred77 - we had the stucco wire left over and figured it couldn't hurt to the bottom. Since we used OSB instead of plywood, we knew the flooring could be a bit easier to chew through. Mostly concerned about rats looking for a nice meal of chicken feed. Might have been a little overkill, but figured I'd rather do it with our extra materials than have an issue down the line.

@bigred77 - we had the stucco wire left over and figured it couldn't hurt to the bottom. Since we used OSB instead of plywood, we knew the flooring could be a bit easier to chew through. Mostly concerned about rats looking for a nice meal of chicken feed. Might have been a little overkill, but figured I'd rather do it with our extra materials than have an issue down the line.

Ahh, always nice to have the extras of a previous project around
thumbsup.gif

Help!!! My local feed store just got chicks in!!! I think I just talked my husband into letting me mix the colors up some
1f602.png
then he calls and wants me to see if they have any TURKEYS in!!! Yikes!!!!

Back
Top Bottom