post your chicken coop pictures here!

To TJordan......bet the chuckens are enjoying being outside. I know mine do.

Oh yeah. I even had 1 acting a little broody today. I collected 1 egg this morning and saw at least 2 more under that hen but had to run so I'll look tonight. If she's on them I might 'forget' to grab them or a few weeks
1f602.png
1f602.png

I really like the design of this coop. Can you share the plans for this coop or where you got the plans for this coop?
We are having a hard time finding some kind of plans/design to go on this being our first coop.

Thanks for the help/advice.
Which coop?
You didn't say.
1f60a.png

Big things to look at are how many birds...
Will they be able to get outside to forage...
What kind of predators do you have? Land and air....
How much land you want to give up for your coop...
Do you want a tractor that can move or a stand alone coop...
How much
1f4b8.png
1f4b8.png
1f4b8.png
are you willing to let fly away for your coop....

There are many great ideas that cost very little or can cost big $$$ think about what you want and let us know. Plenty of great people here with awesome coop ideas

Last edited:
I really like the design of this coop. Can you share the plans for this coop or where you got the plans for this coop?
We are having a hard time finding some kind of plans/design to go on this being our first coop.

Thanks for the help/advice.
Under each post there's a "Quote" button, that allows you to quote that poster of said coop. Depending on how far back it was when that post was posted, that poster may not be hanging around here as much, but some of the others can point you in the right direction once we know which coop you're talking about.

Which coop?
You didn't say.
1f60a.png

Big things to look at are how many birds...
Will they be able to get outside to forage...
What kind of predators do you have? Land and air....
How much land you want to give up for your coop...
Do you want a tractor that can move or a stand alone coop...
How much
1f4b8.png
1f4b8.png
1f4b8.png
are you willing to let fly away for your coop....

There are many great ideas that cost very little or can cost big $$$ think about what you want and let us know. Plenty of great people here with awesome coop ideas

All very good info to help even decide on which coop you want

All very good info to help even decide on which coop you want

When we started we didn't consider this things. Once we moved and built our new one I had a list like this made
1f602.png
1f602.png
oh watch out for big trees as well. My first coop was almost done when a big storm knocked a tree over onto it.
1f631.png
my hens layed their first eggs INSIDE MY HOUSE because of that storm. We had to salvage and rebuild. It was during hunting season and my HUSBAND keep procrastinating.
1f602.png

I would not: those things cost hundreds of dollars and, and while "cute", are poorly constructed, with stapled on 1/4" pine wainscotting for walls ..... a hungry coon would get in there if he really wanted to ..... they are also too small for more than a couple of birds .....

one could do better with nothing more than a few repurposed pallets, a roll of hardware cloth, a couple sheets of 3/8" plywood, some screws and a cordless drill.....

Plus a hammer to take the pallets apart, a saw to cut wood to size and wire cutters to cut the hardware cloth
wink.png

Or rather than build..... a little tykes play house is about four foot sqare big enough for four hens with some Judicious improvements. Sturdy Waterproof bought off craigs list can be any where from FREE to about fifty bucks.

I have seen some great builds using that. Good choice for a first go round.

I know there are several of us who are handy but not all. the repurpose of a little tiykes could be as simple as needing tin snips for the wire and Drill motor to install Self drilling screws with washers.

deb "Who has night mares of taking apart a pallet...."

This was my coop until this past winter when the outside run collapsed in the weather. I plan to rebuild it this spring. This time instead of using a dog kennel I am just going to build my own pen.

Or rather than build.....  a little tykes play house is about four foot sqare big enough for four hens with some Judicious improvements.  Sturdy Waterproof bought off craigs list can be any where from FREE to about fifty bucks.

I have seen some great builds using that.  Good choice for a first go round.

I know there are several of us who are handy  but not all.  the repurpose of a little tiykes could be as simple as needing tin snips for the wire and Drill motor to install Self drilling screws with washers.

deb  "Who has night mares of taking apart a pallet...."

1f602.png
I've tried to repurpose a few pallets. I finally just reinforced the wood and added hardware cloth over it. Forget tearing apart.
1f602.png
1f602.png

I've seen people build a tractor run with pvc pipe, hardware cloth and zip ties. Just an idea there
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom