post your chicken coop pictures here!

Forgot to post a pic of my silkies
Don't forget to bury a "skirt" of wire around the outside bottom of the run, bring it out about a foot after attaching it to the run....pretty babies! I love Silkies. Oh also bury a wire skirt surround the coop base....or the back of the coop in the run area where you took the picture....this will prevent the critters that dig from getting to your birds. Nice setup!

I've also used the XL Sunbeam heating pad on the lowest continuous setting for germinating my veggie seeds in the fall for Spring transplanting. There were terrible reviews on actual expensive gardening heating pads and grow lights and decided to experiment with the Sunbeam heating pad. Works great because you can choose either to leave the heat on constant or choose the automatic shutoff feature. Great pad and the heat is very low and gentle on the first low setting. The cord stayed cool and the plug never got overheated like some appliances can do if left on constantly.

That is just one of the great things about the Mama Heating Pad brooder, you can use the pad for lots of things when you aren't brooding chicks. And how ofter do most of us have chicks to brood? Red heat lamp? Not so much.
big_smile.png

That is just one of the great things about the Mama Heating Pad brooder, you can use the pad for lots of things when you aren't brooding chicks. And how ofter do most of us have chicks to brood? Red heat lamp? Not so much.
big_smile.png

So true! I had a chick a couple years ago and borrowed a friend's chick heat lamp only to find after the first day that the little chick was hot enough in our 90 degree weather and returned the heat lamp the next day! The chick occasionally would sit on the warm laptop keyboard but usually it was too warm and she'd hop off!

My heating pad on the other hand is used about 4 months out of every winter to germinate several trays of veggies. The seedlings sprout in less than a week! And the pad's totally washable too!

That's a great idea! Maybe I'll try that spring/summer when I try veggies again, never got around to planting them this year lol when do you start growing them and then transplant? CA is probably different being a lot warmer but assuming now is too soon? Maybe I don't even need to do this for summer veggies?

That's a great idea! Maybe I'll try that spring/summer when I try veggies again, never got around to planting them this year lol when do you start growing them and then transplant? CA is probably different being a lot warmer but assuming now is too soon? Maybe I don't even need to do this for summer veggies?
start about february or late january but inside

Back
Top Bottom