post your chicken coop pictures here!

I am gonna pick up some hardware cloth tomorrow and build the little cages to fit on the shelves. Then I get to pick up my Phoenix chicks on Friday so I am excited. Now if I can just build a home made incubator I will be set.. I still have a ton of shelves left over so I imagin I will be building something out of those.

Hey everyone! I've been trying to think of ways to turn this old pool deck,

into a chicken coop.
Well I managed to come up with some paper designs.

But as you can see I am definetely not the greatest artist... but I am pretty handy with a computer, so I made these.

Think it can be done?

Hey everyone! I've been trying to think of ways to turn this old pool deck, into a chicken coop. Well I managed to come up with some paper designs. . But as you can see I am definetely not the greatest artist... but I am pretty handy with a computer, so I made these. Think it can be done?
I would make the coop on the upper part of the deck as big as you can. You're gonna end up with more birds then you plan so why not have enough space for them..

I too would use the whole upper deck for coop space, make the walls tall enough to walk into the coop for cleaning and such.
Under the deck could all be run.

I too would use the whole upper deck for coop space, make the walls tall enough to walk into the coop for cleaning and such.
Okay thanks I will see if we can make a little bit more room up on the top. I was planning on making the underpart apart of the run, but not the entire run. I don't know if it's really visible in the pictures, but I have the run running under the deck and then extending even farther out into the yard.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to put it to use.

Made one of the two brooder cages today the should call that hardware cloth death wire my goodness it is sharp.. Tell me what ya think...

Okay thanks I will see if we can make a little bit more room up on the top. I was planning on making the underpart apart of the run, but not the entire run. I don't know if it's really visible in the pictures, but I have the run running under the deck and then extending even farther out into the yard. 

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to put it to use. 

It's your coop but if I had to do my big one over again I would do a 10x10 or a 12x12 coop cause I just keep getting more birds and yea now it's time to build more coops lol.

I would make the coop on the upper part of the deck as big as you can. You're gonna end up with more birds then you plan so why not have enough space for them..

It's your coop but if I had to do my big one over again I would do a 10x10 or a 12x12 coop cause I just keep getting more birds and yea now it's time to build more coops lol.
Okay thanks for all of the advice. I know the deck is 16 feet long in length. I'm not entirely sure how long the width is. I'll take some measurements and then make a revised 3D model. Then I'll see what you guys think.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom