post your chicken coop pictures here!

Yes it's under a canopy. But we are planning on moving it away from the house this coming spring, so the gutter idea sounds good. We want to keep it close to the house till they are fully grown. Easier to keep an eye on them. They will have complete shade cover when we move it, but the sun shade allows rain through it. I plan to cover then entire run then. We have 3 hens and 1 rooster only 9 weeks old.

so far so good. I should have made the cupola shorter. It kind of sticks out there like a sore thumb.

so far so good. I should have made the cupola shorter. It kind of sticks out there like a sore thumb.

Awesome build.... LOL about the Cupola... but in order to put those vents up its a logical size. Just put some filagree foo foo decorations on it... Make it look like its supposed to stand out there... Once you get the shingles on it will look less outa place.

edited to add: OR you could paint it to look like a Chimney you know red brick... easy to do just paint the whole thing the grout color than lay on tape to form the bricks then paint the whole thing brick red.... Pull the tape off and Viola...

deb

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure I have mad this fox proof 12inch concrete base then 4 inch top soil 3 inch wood chip. frame 3 x 2 inch wood then used galv weld mesh they can not bite through also covered the roof with mesh before I put plastic sheets on. It been ok for the past 18 months no fox and no badgers have got in fingers crossed

I'm pretty sure I have mad this fox proof 12inch concrete base then 4 inch top soil 3 inch wood chip. frame 3 x 2 inch wood then used galv weld mesh they can not bite through also covered the roof with mesh before I put plastic sheets on. It been ok for the past 18 months no fox and no badgers have got in fingers crossed
Absolutely adorable! I love it! I do have one question. That small coop on the end of the run...I see the welded wire but is it buried into the ground? Raccoons will find it easy to get in under there.

Look at the second picture Sylvester. It appears the entire coop and run structure is on a patio under a high "tent" canopy. No rain concerns there!

HI BRUCE! YES, PROVIDED THAT'S IF AND WHERE THAT WILL BE THE COOP'S FINAL RESTING PLACE - LOL! YOU KNOW ME AND THOSE RAIN ISSUES!

so far so good. I should have made the cupola shorter. It kind of sticks out there like a sore thumb

JUST PUT A STAR OR CROSS ON TOP OF IT AND CALL IT A TEMPLE OR CHURCH OF WORSHIP - OR BETTER YET A REALLY COOL ROOSTER WEATHER VANE! I THINK YOUR BUILD IS REALLY NICE! A PURCHASED WINDOW AWNING OVER THE NESTBOXES WILL BE NICE PROTECTION FROM RAIN WHEN COLLECTING EGGS FROM THE NESTBOXES - THE AWNING WILL GIVE IT ADDED DESIGN APPEAL AS WELL AS FUNCTIONALITY.

I LUV it when chickeneers do their homework to secure their flock run!!!! But how secure is the little coop? Raccoons are very manipulative with those claws of theirs and they are very tenacious at solving challenges. The more secure we make things, the smarter the 'coons become at solving a challenge and pass the lesson onto their offspring. Talked with my neighbor who was from Utah and he said Raccoons will tear up poultry not so much for food as for the sheer excitement of the kill and they are very patient at opening locks (short of padlocks).

I LUV it when chickeneers do their homework to secure their flock run!!!!  But how secure is the little coop?  Raccoons are very manipulative with those claws of theirs and they are very tenacious at solving challenges.  The more secure we make things, the smarter the 'coons become at solving a challenge and pass the lesson onto their offspring.  Talked with my neighbor who was from Utah and he said Raccoons will tear up poultry not so much for food as for the sheer excitement of the kill and they are very patient at opening locks (short of padlocks).
I'm in the uk so no Raccoons only rats can not stop them but the coop is on a stand and I have messed that as well

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom