post your chicken coop pictures here!

i make a blend of 16 chicken safe herbs and dried flowers for the coop and nest box. I do sell it. Smells yummy.

Sand in the front as i can get wet and acts as an indoor run when they dont want to go out. Mulch in the back treated as indoor dlm. Moved to the overdoor run which is also dlm, every 4 months.
How do you keep the mulch and sand areas separate, or did I just not see it in your pictures?

Ok everyone... I'm about to post a picture so DONT FAINT!!!

wee.gif

old.gif

Rip van winkle got moving...
Last weekend with the dumpster and the hubby finally decides to start the coop... We also went and got the sproutlings for the garden and two fruit trees to began our spring with a fling..
celebrate.gif

Hurray for Mr. van Winkle! Looks like y'all have a roomy property for your chickens. After the fox incident how many girls survived well and alive?

Spring started early for us and the seedlings were planted outdoors in February. A week later the heatwave hit and there hasn't been a cool day since. I think I might actually get a Pomegranate fruit or two this year! Been pampering 3 trees since they were seeds out of a piece of fruit that I sowed 3 years ago! I started 36 seeds and am down to 3 plants that survived healthy and well! It's easy to sow Pomegranate seeds but another story to nurture them to actual trees.

That's totally what we are going to do. Leave it where it's at and use it when needed. Maybe a time out place.
I'm planning on using it to slowly introduce the older girls to the new ones. I can lock the pullets in there and they will be right next to the run by the older 4 during the day. Just not sure how my 4 older girls will take to the new coop once it's done. Open for advice on that - how to introduce them to a new hen house with their old one right there still.
Shelley

Hope better late than never on this but I would suggest moving the youngins into the new coop first. Put the older girls in later so they are the ones in a "new place" JMO.

Hope better late than never on this but I would suggest moving the youngins into the new coop first. Put the older girls in later so they are the ones in a "new place" JMO.
thanks for the advise. Honestly hadn't thought of doing it that way. Only problem is that they would never really see each other. But I will give it some thought. Thanks. :)

Quote:
You can do something similar with the new coop... let the big birds learn the ropes of the new coop. then move the "littles" in when they are ready to be off heat or only need heat at night time. But move them in brooder and all. or make them an area where they cant get out and the "bigs" cant get in.

This lets every one know everyone else and soon as they are ready you can let the Chicks socialized supervised for short periods. shouldnt take long.

Or you could just proceed like you were going to with the old coop vs new coop. But I suspect supervisation would be easier within the new coop.

deb

This is my barn stall coop. It will be 11x11. There will be a run that I'll add pictures of it later. It's almost finished also. It is 15x20 feet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom