post your chicken coop pictures here!

Added an awning to the upper windows to cut heat gain from glaring summer sun. Still allows light and air movement, and also blocks harshest of rains.

A little tired from driving long distances in short periods of time, so missed the obvious when I first gave the ovation... Is that new construction I see in the background? Like maybe fenced in raised garden beds in the making? And here you thought you were all done building stuff! BWAH HA Ha haha
hugs.gif
highfive.gif

Finally got the big coop done! 16 x 8 with a 5 x 8 storage and feed room. It has a automatic pop door that we set to open 60 minutes after sunrise and set 30 minutes after sunset. The pop door has a wireless feature that tells us when it opens and closes and allows us to remotely open and close it. It also has a temperature sensor so we can monitor the coop in the summer and winter. It also has a 3 foot long clean out door under the roost which lifts up and locks for easy cleaning, 3 nest boxes that are accessible from out side and 4 PVC feeding spouts that can be filled from the feed room. It has 4 screened windows and 2 screened doors to aid with ventilation. The girls are loving their new digs :)

Finally got the big coop done! 16 x 8 with a 5 x 8 storage and feed room. It has a automatic pop door that we set to open 60 minutes after sunrise and set 30 minutes after sunset. The pop door has a wireless feature that tells us when it opens and closes and allows us to remotely open and close it. It also has a temperature sensor so we can monitor the coop in the summer and winter. It also has a 3 foot long clean out door under the roost which lifts up and locks for easy cleaning, 3 nest boxes that are accessible from out side and 4 PVC feeding spouts that can be filled from the feed room. It has 4 screened windows and 2 screened doors to aid with ventilation. The girls are loving their new digs :)
LOVE the feeders....

one thing .... the roosts are a bit small... they need to be wide and flat as in a two by four laid on their sides.

deb

Just wow! Absolutely beautiful.

Yes @bruceha2000 we did put hardware cloth around the bottom and aproned it out and stapled that to the ground. I really wanted to cover it for hawk protection and dig around the perimeter and bury the hardware cloth but the run is in the woods and its 1700 square feet with trees inside it so my husband said NO LOL! Plus they free range 70% of the time anyway. The roosting bar is removable for cleaning purposes and I plan on rotating the bar every time, so warping is not really a concern. But I will put a removable crutch in the middle thank you for the idea I hadn't thought of that I have NEVER had chickens before and this is my first flock so I just have been going on everyone else's plans on this website. And come on everyone loves power tools LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom