post your chicken coop pictures here!

All ready for Christmas (and cold weather
1f601.png
)!
1f384.png
2744.png

(Didn't mean to be rude and interrupt the thread, just felt like sharing).
1f600.png

M

All ready for Christmas (and cold weather
1f601.png
)!
1f384.png
2744.png

(Didn't mean to be rude and interrupt the thread, just felt like sharing).
1f600.png

M
Very snug!
yippiechickie.gif

I do have a switch that I turn on the light up on the ceiling.... So I don't know how I would put a timer on that... I do have 2 plug-ins, but I would worry if I put a lamp in there,they may knock it over.... Do you know if they make something to plug-in to the light socket that would make it be on a timer? Rae
@Latestarter has a great suggestion with the Coleman light control socket. I was going to suggest one of those ceramic bulb bases that has a plug built in, and then plugging a timer into that, but that's more complicated.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest one of those ceramic bulb bases that has a plug built in, and then plugging a timer into that, but that's more complicated.
[/quote]

Chickens will knock out anything you plug in. Hard wired timers and IC light fixtures are the best and safest way to add light to the coop. If you dont know how to do it i bet you have a friend or family member that does. Its not difficult

I located the plugs for the drink heaters directly above them to reduce access durr8ng a scuffle.

don't know if the link will work until I post... Anyway, Walmart has a socket timer that has a photo cell that turns the light on and you select how long to stay on after it comes on.
[COLOR=000000]COLEMAN CABLE INC Light Control Socket With Timed Photocell Sensor, Indoor/Outdoor[/COLOR]

http://www.walmart.com/ip/45836571?...04005538&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=88557994178&veh=sem
I found it and ordered, will be here on the 10th.... I also found that light bulb...We can make it go on and off when we want to.....Thank you to all for helping me solve a problem!! Rae

Not sure, it's our first winter with chickens. We picked out the most durable plastic rolls available at Menards, so.. We'll see! It's saposed to be a mild winter (for once) where we live so I'm pretty happy about that.
1f603.png
1f44d-1f3fc.png
I've done the same with my run, using 6ml greenhouse plastic.
I screwed on 4' lath over the edges of the plastic, onto the coop fram, to help hold it in place. It doesn't have to cover 100% of the edges; perhaps a 4' length on each side, and then cut one in half and use half on the top and half on the bottom. On a wide run of plastic, I'd put an extra piece of lath on a cross piece to stabilize it.

Back
Top Bottom