post your chicken coop pictures here!

The vicious Rooster in question would fly at all of us feet first to draw blood. He did that one too many times to hubby. Did I mention the hens REALLY liked hubby? The next accidental roo (both of them were suppose to be pullets) was a sweetie.
I guess I'm lucky. I get my pullets from the farm/ranch I worked at before I retired. One turned out to be a rooster, easy for me to return and get another pullet. Did I mention I get them at no cost?

I have been lurking and we have been hard at work.

It is still not finished and I wonder if it ever will be as there will always be something that they or we need
wink.png

We are sub tropical with high temps, high humidity and torrential rain and tropical storms but low predator risk and we wanted something tropical to blend nicely into the garden.

[No pics of the inside as yet because that is one of the bits we have not completely finished. With no-one laying at the moment due to the season and moulting, the nest boxes are a bit haphazard
wink.png
]

1f620.png
no one likes a bully. The needs of the many out way the bad attitude of the one...
We had a rooster that fell into that category some years back. He was vicious. He tried to draw blood if he could... He scared both my daughter and me.

Tell me about that. My first rooster was an evil cuss. It finally crossed the line when he laid my young sons leg open. Became crock pot fodder that day.

I found them even cheaper on Amazon. The screw in type.

I think they are all screw in, but I could be wrong. Where ever one can find them for less cost, that's great!

Share the link with the rest of us please.

Yes, please share :)

And FP, it won't show yours since it was in the quote but yeah, buckets are cheap. And you can fjnd them free. Even if you don't have friends I have heard you can go to a grocery store bakery sectiom and ask if they have any buckets, they have frosting buckets i guess, and often will give them to you for free. But I was too shy and needed a couple buckets anyways for feeders so i just bought mine ha

Yes, please share
smile.png

And FP, it won't show yours since it was in the quote but yeah, buckets are cheap. And you can fjnd them free. Even if you don't have friends I have heard you can go to a grocery store bakery sectiom and ask if they have any buckets, they have frosting buckets i guess, and often will give them to you for free. But I was too shy and needed a couple buckets anyways for feeders so i just bought mine ha
Yep just ask around, 5 gallon buckets are easy to come by for free. Don't be shy to ask, chances are if they can't get rid of them they will end up in your local landfill.
hit.gif

I don't have a bucket waterer, mine is from pvc. I'm just trying to point out that there are a lot of options and if your a bit of a DIY type person you can save a bunch of money.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom