post your chicken coop pictures here!

Hi again, here is my coop. After doing a bunch of research and getting some ideas this is what I came up with. Let me give you the tour.

Two large doors to the "living quarters" Height perfect for getting my tractors trailer underneath.

Storage area

Space for my winter watering system

Back view, I built it up off the ground to let the birds get in out of the sun.

Heavy Latch with stopper on the Nest box door

Space for five!

I put a window in to get some natural light

Coop with 12ft + space under the coop

Inside you can see the nest boxes, light on a timer, roosts. I have since added another roost

This is my watering system. BEST THING EVER!!! It is hooked to the garden hose through a toilet float valve in the bucket. When the water level drops it automatically fills. It is the gravity fed into the coop and into the run with PVC piping and poultry watering nipples.

Hi again, here is my coop. After doing a bunch of research and getting some ideas this is what I came up with. Let me give you the tour.

Two large doors to the "living quarters" Height perfect for getting my tractors trailer underneath.

Storage area

Space for my winter watering system

Back view, I built it up off the ground to let the birds get in out of the sun.

Heavy Latch with stopper on the Nest box door

Space for five!

I put a window in to get some natural light

Coop with 12ft + space under the coop

Inside you can see the nest boxes, light on a timer, roosts. I have since added another roost

This is my watering system. BEST THING EVER!!! It is hooked to the garden hose through a toilet float valve in the bucket. When the water level drops it automatically fills. It is the gravity fed into the coop and into the run with PVC piping and poultry watering nipples.

Great job, but you're going to need more ventilation, especially for winter.

The eves are vented I'm hoping that will be enough?

What is the square footage of venting total for the coop and how many birds in the coop?

Generally you want high and low vents to allow fresh air from the low vents to enter and replace the humid and ammonia filled air above that is vented out through the high vents... In all passive venting systems you really need an intake and outtake located opposite each other to create a proper flow of air through the structure..

Back
Top Bottom