post your chicken coop pictures here!

Forgot to post before but the storm only lasted an hour or a bit more, thunder gone rain lasted a bit longer, so back to work now

We are having weather like that too here. Had my broody hen and her gang out for some free ranging and they all dashed back into the coop, but she left a baby under the shed! Good thing it only lasted five minutes and she came back out to fetch him.
For an animal who will tear your arms off if you so much as look at her chicks, my broody sure can't count. If she comes out of the coop with two and goes back in with one, that's just fine by her.

We are having weather like that too here.  Had my broody hen and her gang out for some free ranging and they all dashed back into the coop, but she left a baby under the shed!  Good thing it only lasted five minutes and she came back out to fetch him.
For an animal who will tear your arms off if you so much as look at her chicks, my broody sure can't count.  If she comes out of the coop with two and goes back in with one, that's just fine by her.

Definitely weird weather. Towards the end of the thing it was sunny and raining. And LOL wow omg what a funny broody
1f602.png
hope she learns to count better soon and good thing she remembered him

Weird weather, ummm no rain over a tenth of an inch in over a week. No big spring rains either. OK ohio get with it please! Use to be able to keep two rain barrels full, not even one full. This is like August not June and July. See a rain front pass Fort Wayne but it disappearseems or goes north of us, all freaking summer. Beans should be knee high and are not. Thank God it's not 90 or above.

Weird weather, ummm no rain over a tenth of an inch in over a week. No big spring rains either. OK ohio get with it please! Use to be able to keep two rain barrels full, not even one full. This is like August not June and July. See a rain front pass Fort Wayne but it disappearseems or goes north of us, all freaking summer. Beans should be knee high and are not. Thank God it's not 90 or above.

Wow that's awful :( we have had barely any rain either until today

And here we are south of you and it won't flipping STOP raining. :( It has become: when it rains today and not if, when. Then it is a torrential downpour. I wish I could bag it up and send it to you.

Eta: my beans are little like that and turning yellow from TOO much rain. Argh!

Last edited:
I live in a semi desert area. The summers here are HOT and tend to be really dry with a high forest fire hazard. We have had rain almost every day for I bet close to a month. It's just unheard of for this area. There are some summers where we won't get a drop of rain in July and most of August.
That being said, I LOVE IT! It's not scorching hot, I don't have to worry about fires the way I normally do in July.

And here we are south of you and it won't flipping STOP raining. :( It has become: when it rains today and not if, when. Then it is a torrential downpour. I wish I could bag it up and send it to you.

Eta: my beans are little like that and turning yellow from TOO much rain. Argh!

It's raining here! Lots of thunder too. Doesn't sound like much rain yet for a t-storm. We can hear downpours on our roof,only had a minute of one so far. Just hope the wind doesn't pick up.Also I hope you don't get any of it since your beans don't need it.

We have been to get rain here for weeks and it clouds up and blows away and the sun comes out so its so dry both of my rain barrels are empty also. And it has been up in the 80+ it has been up in the 90s for a while, and still is every two to three days. We have lost lettuce plants do to it dry and so much sun, we have lost two tomato plants due to tomato worms.

Back
Top Bottom