post your chicken coop pictures here!

Awesome, how old are they?  Mine are now 17 weeks & wondering when they might start laying.  I have a Gold Lace Wyandotte, Buff Orpington's, Black Sexlinks & Black Australorps.  

I had an Easter Egger and an Orpington start about the week before Easter, at 22 weeks, then an Australorp started shortly after and quit for a few days. The rest all started laying sometime after that, they slowly started laying for a few weeks after until everybody was laying.

The sex links should start laying anytime now as they're bred for production and tend to start laying sooner and the others should lay anywhere between now and up to around 24 weeks, a couple of mine took a little longer. Could be 26 weeks and beyond. But you ahould have at least one start laying really soon and the others shohld lay before that. Have any of them started squatting yet or looking red in the face? Do youhave oyster shell out yet? If not, you should start offering it about now and if they do any of the other stuff, they're close to laying.

I have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers.

Good luck!

I had an Easter Egger and an Orpington start about the week before Easter, at 22 weeks, then an Australorp started shortly after and quit for a few days. The rest all started laying sometime after that, they slowly started laying for a few weeks after until everybody was laying.

The sex links should start laying anytime now as they're bred for production and tend to start laying sooner and the others should lay anywhere between now and up to around 24 weeks, a couple of mine took a little longer. Could be 26 weeks and beyond. But you ahould have at least one start laying really soon and the others shohld lay before that. Have any of them started squatting yet or looking red in the face? Do youhave oyster shell out yet? If not, you should start offering it about now and if they do any of the other stuff, they're close to laying.

I have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers.

Good luck!

Great,thank you ! I'm getting anxious & excited. We were just getting the nesting boxes set up out in there Coop, modifying a set of drawers that was a frame for a captions bed, it has 3 "boxes, we just have to remove the hardware & put a lip on the bottom. To save floor space I was thinking we'd put them under the Roost & have to poop trays above them(under the roost). But they would probably sit right in the trays & the poop, wouldn't they? So we'd need to put a slanted board over the Nests to keep them off & build a "frame" for the trays to sit in between the boxes & the Roost if that makes sense.

10x14 shed converted into a chicken coop. Not done yet, but getting there! :weee

10x14 shed converted into a chicken coop. Not done yet, but getting there! :weee

It looks really nice. Beautiful work so far!

A couple of suggestions if I may. You are going to need more ventilation. Larger openings up close to the roof line in the gable ends where you have the small vent now would be great. I'd also lower those nest boxes so they are well below the level of the roosts to keep them roosting on the roosts and nesting in the nests.

Back
Top Bottom