post your chicken coop pictures here!

My six Rhode Island reds crib:p

Attachments

• IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    912.1 KB · Views: 28
Just wanted to say that I LOVE this coop/run and the write-ups you did in your blog. Thank you for sharing.

This is the first time I've really seen the peepers and I may be having to order some to keep on hand for a few of ours.

I currently have 3 coop/runs set up w/o free range due to predator issues (stray dogs digging under our pasture fences). Your showing the electric around the individual coops is VERY helpful. I may have to do something similar and really think the A-Frame tractor will be good for our ducks, too. Are you able to give the actual sizes of the other tractors you had/have?

We also have 4 small pens and a larger coop/run set up behind our house. I've been wanting to remove the 4 pens (too short for me to easily access), turning them into hoop coops that can be walked into w/ access to the garden we are setting up. Figure that would make sustainable breeder pens - with access to various pasture/garden from each one from there. Thank you for a lot of ideas.

I no longer have the hoop tractors, since I built the permanent hen house and hoop run, I sold them, keeping only the A-Frame. I am fairly sure the base is made from three, 2x4 eight foot long studs. So, I cut one in half to use as the end pieces of the rectangle! Walking around in the hoop run has been the best benefit, since I could not longer move the portables due to knee injuries. Electrifying the tractors, and, later the run, has given me the security I desired and I highly recommend this for any tractor or run!

Back
Top Bottom