PoultryCal - New Resource for calculating feed consumption

call ducks

silver appleyard addict
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
waterville , canada
Hi Everyone,

I have been working on this project for about a week now. This tool named PoultryCal has been developed by me and is mostly complete ( there are a few things that I will be implementing over the next two weeks, such as a copy emailed to you). PoultryCal (Poultry Feed consumption Calculator) takes in your input and spits some results in a nice simple easy to view format. :) So now here's where the grain's of salt come in... These are figures that have been guesstimated by me based on commercial chickens. So some of these might be of a bit. For example I have that one commerical broiler will consume approximately 500 grams of feed/day (or 17.63 ounces/day). On the form input if you choose kilograms the output will be metric. The calculator is very rigid and that it does not change many variables (yet, that can be changed). It uses 800 ounces (50 pounds right?) or 25000 grams depending on the unit of measurement you selected.

Here is a table of the species and the amount I have them eating. If I am way off please let me know as I want this to be accurate. For the most part these numbers come from my experince on how long a 25 kg bag of feed has lasted. I have had every species in the table

Species Amount in Grams Amount in Ounces
Chicken-Layer 150g 5.3 ounces
Chicken-Broiler 500g 17.6 ounces
Turkey 250g 8.8 ounces
duck 200g 7.0 ounces
Geese 250g 8.8 ounces

There is a slight bug for some reason in the code and some of the needed parts for you to close the messages are not being loaded. I have been trying to figure out why but the logs have been little help. There is a print preview page this does away with all colour in a Black&White version.

I am just waiting for some of the Name Servers to update on my end (they may have already on your end... If not give it about a day or two). http://fastfarming.com/poultryCal/index

This is my first tool I have made and hope to make others ( and am willing to partner with others for information on eating habits,prices, etc.,).

For anyone that is techy feel free to contact me for more info.

Back
Top Bottom