Power outage while incubating

Iain Utah

Crowing
12 Years
Dec 17, 2011
Learned a new trick this morning on how to power foam forced air incubator during power outage... with a jackery! I woke up to a winter storm caused outage and my husband got the idea to use our jackery. It worked great until power was restored. Hope my 2 eggs will be ok. They were without power for about 2 hours and bator read 66 degrees when fired back up. But they are fairly far along so can better handle an extended cooling period. Guess I'll know in a few days if they survived.

So many incubators are actually 12 volt and powered by an adapter. It is a great way to make a incubator universal. Some of them actually offer a cord you can plug in and clip to a car battery in case of a long outage, but most often they do not.

Learned a new trick this morning on how to power foam forced air incubator during power outage... with a jackery! I woke up to a winter storm caused outage and my husband got the idea to use our jackery. It worked great until power was restored. Hope my 2 eggs will be ok. They were without power for about 2 hours and bator read 66 degrees when fired back up. But they are fairly far along so can better handle an extended cooling period. Guess I'll know in a few days if they survived.
Bought a new incubator this year it blew a fuse. When I found out the next morning the eggs were cold to the touch. Put them in a hova bator till we got the new cabinet fixed took a week. Best largest hatch of the year.

The two eggs made it to lockdown. Sadly, one turned wrong and never was able to pip, but I did get one perfect buff dewlap baby last night. She internally pipped on Tuesday late morning, external pipped Wednesday early morning and finished hatching at 11:30pm Thursday night. I named her Molasses. This morning my mission is to get her mom to adopt her.

Back
Top Bottom