Prarie egger 8 weeks old male or female have 2 one is more quiet than the other if the other is more quiet will they make the loud crow sound?

Annie19124

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2021
Will the other more quiet make the loud crow sound when it gets older?

Attachments

• 20230419_110358.jpg
    20230419_110358.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230419_105838.jpg
    20230419_105838.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230419_105827.jpg
    20230419_105827.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230419_110215.jpg
    20230419_110215.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 2
So, one makes more sounds than the other? Yes, if they are a cockerel (which looks to be so) they will crow when they grow up. Sometimes rooster will briefly stop crowing for a few reasons, but they will almost always crow at most points reliably.

So, one makes more sounds than the other? Yes, if they are a cockerel (which looks to be so) they will crow when they grow up. Sometimes rooster will briefly stop crowing for a few reasons, but they will almost always crow at most points reliably.
I cant have a rooster in my area will i have trouble selling the 2? New Jersey? Or do you just give them away? How much to sell for? Are you allowed to post for sale on here?

I post on craigslist. I ask for a donation for feeding them, I usually get $5-10 for a rooster that is pure bred, but of course you can give them away. It probably depends on the amount of demand in your area.

You can post to sell/give them on here. Is New Jersey your state? There is a page for that state, but you can look into this section, too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/#buy-sell-trade.67

Where did you get these from? If these were supposed to be pullets, you may want to buy sex-links or barred rocks, or another breed that is easy to sex at hatch. Some places have guarantees on how many they are allowed to be wrong about, and will give you your money back.

Last edited:
Can you eat a newly fertilized egg?

Can you eat a newly fertilized egg?
Sure. The problems come when you try to eat it after it's been sat on by a hen for a week or more. So if you're going to eat fertilized eggs (many do, they taste the same as nonfertile), just make sure you collect them daily and store them on the counter or in the fridge, and then you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom