Prarie egger 8 weeks old male or female have 2 one is more quiet than the other if the other is more quiet will they make the loud crow sound?

I post on craigslist. I ask for a donation for feeding them, I usually get $5-10 for a rooster that is pure bred, but of course you can give them away. It probably depends on the amount of demand in your area.

You can post to sell/give them on here. Is New Jersey your state? There is a page for that state, but you can look into this section, too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/#buy-sell-trade.67

Where did you get these from? If these were supposed to be pullets, you may want to buy sex-links or barred rocks, or another breed that is easy to sex at hatch. Some places have guarantees on how many they are allowed to be wrong about, and will give you your money back.
Tractor supply i already called them they said im stuck with the 2

:tongue

Were they straight run or pullets?
Tractor supply i already called them they said im stuck with the 2
If they are Prairie Bluebell Eggers they are usually sold as pullets. I have never seen these sold as straight run, since folks get them primarily for blue eggs, and they don't breed true (according to Hoover's hatchery who created them). Sounds like someone messed up on the sexing. They should at least give you your money back.

When I went to the store they told me to sell them on facebook marketplace. One is starting to crow and the other one is not. Their combs look the same now Im wondering why is the other one not crowing?

When I went to the store they told me to sell them on facebook marketplace. One is starting to crow and the other one is not. Their combs look the same now Im wondering why is the other one not crowing?
Sometimes when there's more than one rooster, the one who's less dominant will not crow as much, or at all. Non-dominant cockerels can often slow down their sexual maturity when there's already a dominant roo. This way they can stay with the flock longer as they grow up.

If the dominant roo goes away, all of a sudden the less dominant roo will sexually develop, and start crowing a lot/a lot more. That's generally how it works.

It said premium pullets
I'd totally expect you to get your money back from that store. Pics of current roosters and baby chick receipt showing pullets were purchased might be helpful here.

That being said, vent sexing is not always accurate, so the store may just say you got unlucky that day and managed to acquire from the 15% of birds that were incorrectly sexed as pullets. Sorry, that sucks.

I'd totally expect you to get your money back from that store. Pics of current roosters and baby chick receipt showing pullets were purchased might be helpful here.

That being said, vent sexing is not always accurate, so the store may just say you got unlucky that day and managed to acquire from the 15% of birds that were incorrectly sexed as pullets. Sorry, that sucks.
Yeah, that seems wrong to me, too. You don't get the hatchery's guarantee if you get them from TS? Or you take home two cockerels, and if not one else reports males from that day, you can't get your money back? I won't be getting chicks from them anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom