Predator proofing crappy Chicken run?

1/2" is what I use and it works fine. Can you pull the chicken wire off and redo it with 1/2" hardware cloth? You can buy metal clips to connect the wire if you need to. If the hardware cloth isn't secure it could potentially be pulled off. Secure it with a post or a strip of wood.........Can you post a picture of it that would help.

Predators can get into Hardware Cloth?, I'm in Missouri!, Would 16 Gauge half inch work if I were to wrap it all the way around the pen?
It's not common, but it can rarely happen, usually because there's a place for them to get their teeth into the mesh. Just make sure you don't leave a wave/bulge, fold/flap.

It's not common, but it can rarely happen, usually because there's a place for them to get their teeth into the mesh. Just make sure you don't leave a wave/bulge, fold/flap.
I'll try doing so, I'm mainly worried about Raccoons and Foxes right now, What gauge is reccomended and how do you put the wire on tight?

For snow I could take a long piece of wood and prop it in the middle so the snow slides off?, Bears are not a worry here just Coons, Foxes and Coyotes, This is for Pigeons tho so I can't really secure them in a coop at night
How did the enclosure do for your pigeons? I’m thinking of building the same thing for my flock this summer. Did it hold up? How did you predator proof everything??

Back
Top Bottom