Predator protection advice please!!

Thank you. Yes, unfortunately , in my valley are many retirees who think it is cute to feed sows with cubs...... We have made sure bears do not think our house is a food provider, but we are about 100 feet from a bear path so I suppose this young one heard the chickens or decided to check them out. He did not bother with the chicken food at all, but went straight for the coop, which, I admit, was open, so they would not get too hot over night.
We close it now, so since have had no visitor.....Apparently rubber shot does hurt quite a bit. Electric fence will go up ASAP and I do have the window open and will hear if there is noise.
Love my electric. I don't have bears here but it is used to deter grizzlies from garbage 100% it is a great tool. I can throw 2 strands on a new pen lickety split and still be able to move the pen around the yard. :) Not even the expensive or solar charger. I don't have to dig up the ground or build a heavy wooden pen or spend a fortune on hardware cloth. I should though, in case of a weasel.... hopefully they have to nose around and get shocked before trying to get through the deer fence on the bottom of the pens.

It's a little tricky configuring at first, but once you do it a few times, gets easier.

Back
Top Bottom