Prettiest eggers??

Not breed specific, but I like the looks of bright sky blue eggs, followed by the novelty of olive colored eggs, and third the deep chocolate colored eggs...

I love the look of chocolate eggs!! I've been eye balling some Marans here lately.

Personally I like a variety. For my mixed flock I got two Easter Eggers (blue/green eggs), a Silver Laced Wyandotte (light brown) and a Black Copper Maran (Chocolate).

Only one EE is laying right now and her eggs are light pink/blush colored. That was a little disappointing, but I still have one EE to add some extra color to my egg boxes. Once I get consistent eggs from all 4 ladies I'll post a picture. Having a variety is always more interesting to me than having just one or two colors, even if one of the egg colors is white.

I wish we had a variety of colors, all ours lay brownish eggs. This is our first time raising chickens and we really didn't research egg colors when we picked the chicks. When we get chicks again, I'd like to add blue, olive, dark brown & white to the mix.

I get just about every color egg you could imagine. Blue, green, olive, browns ranging from just barely cream to chocolate and white. They look SO pretty all mixed together in a carton or basket.
I've got Silkies, Sizzles, Leghorns, Anconas, cuckoo and French black Copper Marans, EEs, Chenteclers, Games, Japanese bantams and a few mixed breeds running about (and Turkeys and Ducks). My favorite eggs come from our EEs and Marans though. I have one EE that lays an AMAZING olive colored egg, its lovely!

Back
Top Bottom