love.gif

IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0389%5B1%5D

Here is my cutie
Name:Ed,
Breed:Silkie frizzle mix
Variety: Partridge mix?

Last edited:
Great- I am still new to chickens, and I love learning more about what I've got. I assume you mean he is crossed with something crele, not crele barred rock?
well barred rock is not a breed and either is a rock they have plymoth rocks that come in barred varieties, but yours is a crele variety. He is a crele Plymoth Rock

they look like D'Anvers to me but dont worry about it id you dont know any the info on them
smile.png
he's not a d'anvers they have beards and his wing carriage is wrong for that breed as well nor is he a rosecomb i have already been talking to plenty of breeders about him he is quail in color though and i do plan on working with that color in rosecombs. he is a mix probably a cull of somebodies he is gorgeous though

well barred rock is not a breed and either is a rock they have plymoth rocks that come in barred varieties, but yours is a crele variety. He is a crele Plymoth Rock
the breed is a black sex link and color is not crele this is a crele (not my pic)
CreleOEGC.JPEG

heres a black sex link which is created by using a barred mother (usually a barred rock) and a red father (such as a rhode island red) to be more spacific on what yours is it is probably the black star (still a blk sex link)
BkStarCkl2.JPEG

rocks do not come in the crele coloring
wink.png

This was my question- I was aware that barred rock is a type of plymouth rock- I suppose I was not specific when I typed! I think he might possibly be some sort of BR/RIR cross...as he comes from a place that has both. All in all, he is a pretty boy, and a great rooster!

Back
Top Bottom