Pretty sure there mites

It's "not approved" because of some label change, not because it's bad for the chickens. :D  I still have some, but the permethrin seems to work better, so that's what I prefer now.

Well that makes me feel better!
1f601.png
I have used permethrin to spray in the coops. I've always been leery of actually spraying them with it. Its definitely good to know you can though.
1f60a.png

Last edited:
3) 50 cc? 1/2 a dose over 2 days? The most you would want to give a five pound chicken would be 0.45 ml.

LOL, left out the .
Should have been .50 cc

I did put some baby oil on their head and waddles yesterday. Did seem to offer some help from the fleas.

I would only add to this what I did and had success with, because of your advise to me earlier this month.

You are absolutely correct. The Sevin's labeling was changed per new labeling rules by the FDA. It's not labeled for animals. Its for gardening. Permethrins works very well.
So what I did, was I sprayed permethrin during a warm spell. But because I am in a northern climate, an I needed a second treatment about 10 days later, I used Sevin's. That's what everyone here is using. DE is not going to get rid of such a heavy infestation. It maybe a better maintenance additive to the diet for worms.
idunno.gif

It is not even recommended by the feed store where I buy my feed. They raise chickens themselves and I love that they are the "old guys". They do know. So does this group of experienced raisers.(You know who you are!) Ivermectin is something to talk to your vet about. The usage and dosing for which ever species you intend to use it on. One thing I'll say about Ivermectin. It has its place why and when. You could kill a dog with 50 cc's if the dog has heartworm or is a collie-type dog. You have to know what you're doing with avermectins. Nuff said

Back
Top Bottom