Previously healthy duckling now unable to walk

LoriBranigan

Hatching
May 2, 2021
Hello, i have a family member who bought 3 ducklings. First, their are small children…. Next I’m not sure the feed that he was feeding his chicks was medicated. I hadn’t been there in a few weeks but when I came back to visit, 2 of the ducklings had died and the one that was left was unable to walk and laying in urine. I Immediately picked her up and took her to the sink and ran warm water over her and washed her up with dawn dish soap. I then wrapped her in a towel and brought her home with me . I did a LOT of googling . I bought the best starter food and vitamins and electrolytes for her water …. He appetite is very good … I’m also feeding her fresh peas. She also drinks really good … I’m wondering if I will be able to reverse the effects of all the bad . Today, a day later she tries to stand but she has one leg that Isn’t working very well. Any advice please would be appreciated greatly. I want this sweet little daddy to live a full life . Thank you

Hello, i have a family member who bought 3 ducklings. First, their are small children…. Next I’m not sure the feed that he was feeding his chicks was medicated. I hadn’t been there in a few weeks but when I came back to visit, 2 of the ducklings had died and the one that was left was unable to walk and laying in urine. I Immediately picked her up and took her to the sink and ran warm water over her and washed her up with dawn dish soap. I then wrapped her in a towel and brought her home with me . I did a LOT of googling . I bought the best starter food and vitamins and electrolytes for her water …. He appetite is very good … I’m also feeding her fresh peas. She also drinks really good … I’m wondering if I will be able to reverse the effects of all the bad . Today, a day later she tries to stand but she has one leg that Isn’t working very well. Any advice please would be appreciated greatly. I want this sweet little daddy to live a full life . Thank you
Niacin

Well update… I just came from the vet and she has fractured her leg at some point and it’s started to heal … can anyone help me with this ?

Well update… I just came from the vet and she has fractured her leg at some point and it’s started to heal … can anyone help me with this ?
U can probably look at videos to make a little splint for her or bandage it up so she can’t move it and It can heal properly

Back
Top Bottom