Probably a silly question from a newbie -sorry

Emilychick

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2023
My chicken eggs in the incubator are pointy end facing down which is what I was told to do by the lady I got the eggs from and what own research also suggested.

When candling I understand that you should candle on the fat end, so my q is is it OK to turn the eggs over when taking them out of the incubator to candle them.
It is a candler that you sit the eggs into/on top of rather than a handheld one that I could just keep egg in same position and candle from the top.

Hope that makes sense, i just don't want to be turning the eggs on their head if it may damage the embryo!

Thank you

My chicken eggs in the incubator are pointy end facing down which is what I was told to do by the lady I got the eggs from and what own research also suggested.

When candling I understand that you should candle on the fat end, so my q is is it OK to turn the eggs over when taking them out of the incubator to candle them.
It is a candler that you sit the eggs into/on top of rather than a handheld one that I could just keep egg in same position and candle from the top.

Hope that makes sense, i just don't want to be turning the eggs on their head if it may damage the embryo!
Yep - non problem at all.

Although rough handling is not encouraged and aside from being prematurely cracked open, the hatching eggs are pretty resilient.

Back
Top Bottom