PROBLEM HELP (little disturbing image)

Sixpets

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 24, 2013

My chickens have been losing fethers and have had decrease of egg loss can you please help this is one two more are the same

Last edited:
We've had pecking problems but I'm not sure hoe to check for lice or mites

We've had pecking problems but I'm not sure hoe to check for lice or mites

The best time to check for mites is at night while they are roosting.... Look around their vent with a flashlight.... There's two diff kinds, one is grey and one is reddish... They can look like little black spots too...

Lice move fast and lay nits... Look around where feathers are missing for knits around feather base..... Seven will get rid of both mites and lice...

If it's not bugs, it might be from them picking.... Mites and Lice can make a chicken anemic and eventually kill the chicken... I'm not sure what you do about picking sorry ...

The best time to check for mites is at night while they're are roosting.... Look around their vent with a flashlight.... There's two diff kinds, one is grey and one is reddish... They can look like little black spots too...

Lice move fast and lay nits... Look around where feathers are missing for knits around feather base..... Seven will get rid of both mites and lice...

If it's not bugs, it might be from them picking.... Mites and Lice can make a chicken anemic and eventually kill the chicken... I'm not sure what you do about picking sorry ...

If the chicken is indeed being plucked...well...
this happens

Her intestines popped out one morning, but we luckily got them back in. The area seems to have expanded. She lives in a teeny weeny cage right now, but in two weeks, after fair, we'll be re-arranging some chickens and getting her into a bigger cage. I feel bad because she is one of the prettiest chickens we got and she has absolutely gorgeous eyes. I decided I wanted to make a patch that acts like a protection for it and make it so it's like a diaper, but doesn't cover her vent. She'd been laying huge eggs, and still does.

Last edited:
If the chicken is indeed being plucked...well...
this happens

Her intestines popped out one morning, but we luckily got them back in. The area seems to have expanded. She lives in a teeny weeny cage right now, but in two weeks, after fair, we'll be re-arranging some chickens and getting her into a bigger cage. I feel bad because she is one of the prettiest chickens we got and she has absolutely gorgeous eyes. I decided I wanted to make a patch that acts like a protection for it and make it so it's like a diaper, but doesn't cover her vent. She'd been laying huge eggs, and still does.

Poor girl :( that looks painful

Back
Top Bottom