Problem with newly hatched duckling!! Help.!

oklahomafirsttimehatcher

In the Brooder
Oct 20, 2023
I have just had a duckling hatch today 12-3:30 I'm not sure what time because I was at a family's house for Thanksgiving but as soon as I got home I looked in the incubator and the duckling was out but it's feet are messed up... They are bent back and not webbed like normal. Also there was a big piece of shell still attached when I got home and the duckling got most of it off but since I noticed its legs haven't made any progress I took it out to see if I could help its kegs but they won't go straight and there is still shell stuck to its back. it seems perfectly healthcare but I'm not sure what to do about the shell stuck and its legs. Please help!!!!!!

I have just had a duckling hatch today 12-3:30 I'm not sure what time because I was at a family's house for Thanksgiving but as soon as I got home I looked in the incubator and the duckling was out but it's feet are messed up... They are bent back and not webbed like normal. Also there was a big piece of shell still attached when I got home and the duckling got most of it off but since I noticed its legs haven't made any progress I took it out to see if I could help its kegs but they won't go straight and there is still shell stuck to its back. it seems perfectly healthcare but I'm not sure what to do about the shell stuck and its legs. Please help!!!!!!
I can't help much, but it'd be the best to send a picture to show the condition of this situation, so other people can help more efficently!

A picture would be best so we can see what you see
Shell attached yoy can get off by gently rubbing warm water
Q tips or soft cloth with a corner wet

Back
Top Bottom