Problems candling

bigbum1984

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Kent, England
Hi all, I'm on day 7 of incubation, I'm incubating 18 eggs and can see growth in 11 of them. How long should I leave the others before removing? I don't want them going rotten and exploding and ruining the live ones. A couple of them are quite dark and have speckled shells and I've read that these can be hard to candle.

This is my first try at incubating and need help!!!!

The eggs that i think aren't fertile don't have the air pocket that the others do, plus still can't see anything other than dark circle that I'm pretty sure is the Yolk. I've candled them daily and there's no change, have been told they'll be ok to leave until hatch day but worried they'll go bad and ruin the others. I'm on day 10 of incubation, what have others done?

Last edited:
The eggs that i think aren't fertile don't have the air pocket that the others do, plus still can't see anything other than dark circle that I'm pretty sure is the Yolk. I've candled them daily and there's no change, have been told they'll be ok to leave until hatch day but worried they'll go bad and ruin the others. I'm on day 10 of incubation, what have others done?
what are you using to candle with? I have always been able to tell by day 11 even if it is just a few veins by the aircell. BUT what are you candling with? What type of light?

Back
Top Bottom