Problems hatching call duck eggs

jtalking

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 28, 2012
I am having problems with my call duck eggs not hatching. I keep my still air incubator around 55% humidity and 100 degree until 2 days before and then I transfer them to my hatching incubator that is 65-70% humidity and 100 degrees. I put my eggs in my incubator as my hen lays them, so just about everyday I am supposed to have at least one hatch. Haven't seemed to have any hatch out yet and can't figure out the problem. I recently hatched out some mixed chicken eggs so I know my incubator is capable of hatching them out. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

i am far from an expert on call ducks, but did you spray your eggs every day with water? are the eggs fertile? what little bit ive been told about call ducks, is they need water to swim in to reproduce. ive also been told that if they pip through but don't hatch sometimes you do have to help them.

just making sure you know, it takes about 25 days for call ducks to hatch.

Last edited:
This is the first time I've incubated call duck eggs, I haven't been spraying them. I've read mixed reviews on whether to spray or not to spray. Should I spray with warm water or cool? I took my eggs off turner at 25 days and usually they should hatch by 28th day.

my luck with call ducks isn't that great either, I was just researching what I said about 25 days. your right it is supposed to take up to 28. also my hatch rate was only about 30% on shipped eggs.

there is a regular duck thread on here, you might post there.

im not sure if spraying them is right either, but I did. when I did it was warm water, I sometimes stored my bottle in the incubator. when I done it I just very lightly misted them.

Back
Top Bottom