Problems with my GQF incubator - help?

Jrose

Songster
8 Years
Jun 6, 2013
I just purchased a used GQF 1502 Sportsman incubator, used. It's holding temp nicely and I finally loaded it with eggs. But this is day 3 and I've discovered a perplexing problem!

The very bottom tray, at the front closest to the glass door, is literally throwing eggs out of the basket. They're smashing into one another and even landing on the floor of the bator! I've got all 3 levels filled and no other areas in the bator seem to be having this problem. Doesn't matter if the trays only have half a dozen eggs or 10 eggs, doesn't matter if I use the springs to guide/secure them or not. Those eggs are just getting chucked around and smashed. I lost 3 or 4 the first day I filled it, turned the turner off and made sure it was unobstructed and put together properly, and turned it back on. I kept an eye on it for the first 2 or 3 turns and all seemed well. I let i t run over night and this morning I had at least 13 more eggs from the front 4 baskets on the bottom. What the heck is going on? What can I do to remedy this or work around it?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom