Producer's Pride Brooder And Coop Heater

Stay far away from this Producer's Pride Brooder/Heater unit. A tree fell on my house knocking out my power. I had to take my few days old chicks to my friend's house. I had just bought this unit & took it, thinking it would be easier for her to keep them for me.
The unit in (brooder mode) fried all my beautiful silkie chicks. So far 7 have died, the damage is done & irreversible. There's no telling what kind of damage will be done to any who survive; if any do. The unit was so hot it burnt my hands. At the moment I'm trying to get them to reimburse me for my chicks. I'm so heartbroken.

Stay far away from this Producer's Pride Brooder/Heater unit. A tree fell on my house knocking out my power. I had to take my few days old chicks to my friend's house. I had just bought this unit & took it, thinking it would be easier for her to keep them for me.
The unit in (brooder mode) fried all my beautiful silkie chicks. So far 7 have died, the damage is done & irreversible. There's no telling what kind of damage will be done to any who survive; if any do. The unit was so hot it burnt my hands. At the moment I'm trying to get them to reimburse me for my chicks. I'm so heartbroken.
Are they able to get out from under it?

I just set mine up for my fresh hatched chicks. Lowest setting in the rear, middle setting in the front. They are about a third of the way back under it to take naps. Terrorizing the place all other times.

View attachment 2811542
Hello everyone
Has anyone had or use this?I recently got 11 baby chicks and purchased this heater from tractor supply and it worked amazing and the chicks love it.but my issue is that in brooder mode it randomly turns off and never turns back on.I have to unplug it and turn it back on again.this happened twice to me and I’m worried that if I’m not home and it turns off i wont know and I don’t want my chicks to get cold and possibly die.chick are only a week old so has anyone had these issues before for maybe it’s just a product defect.
I bought one in Jan 2022 and the switch is stuck on heater and doesn’t seem to stay on so i have to unplug it during the day. My chickens are a couple years old but it gets very cold here and I worry about them freezing to death. I can’t find a way to talk to manufacturer so I called the tractor supply where I bought it but they were no help.

I bought one in Jan 2022 and the switch is stuck on heater and doesn’t seem to stay on so i have to unplug it during the day. My chickens are a couple years old but it gets very cold here and I worry about them freezing to death. I can’t find a way to talk to manufacturer so I called the tractor supply where I bought it but they were no help.
Where are you - generally speaking? The vast majority of us only need draft-free ventilation.

Having to unplug during the day makes me think you really do not need it at all.

View attachment 2811542
Hello everyone
Has anyone had or use this?I recently got 11 baby chicks and purchased this heater from tractor supply and it worked amazing and the chicks love it.but my issue is that in brooder mode it randomly turns off and never turns back on.I have to unplug it and turn it back on again.this happened twice to me and I’m worried that if I’m not home and it turns off i wont know and I don’t want my chicks to get cold and possibly die.chick are only a week old so has anyone had these issues before for maybe it’s just a product defect.
I just hooked mine up and it is shutting off too. Any solution?

This has worked well so far for my 7 weeks old chicks. Today we're moving to a coop in the run of my main chicken coop. While days are in the 70's, we'll still have nighttime temps into the 40's, possibly lower. So I'm planning to set it up as a heater on a timer to come on at night. There'll be no door on this mini-coop since it's in my secure run and it's got it's own barrier from the older chickens I left off the door hoping it won't get too hot but they'll be able to snuggle near it if needed. Some chicks are more feathered out than others. That's my plan but I'll be monitoring the temperature since like has been said, there's no documentation of what it can do. Will update. Today is moving day.

Back
Top Bottom