Product to use for mites?

loyalcrowlist

Songster
Apr 9, 2022
I got three new chickens and they have mites!

Luckily they're separate from my flock currently. Their run/coop is clean but they're clearly itchy and I wanted to know if there's something I can buy to treat it? I live in Canada and don't have access to a lot of the products that come up on searches and I don't have a close by feed supply store, either. Usually I stock up on basics but I've never had this particular problem before.

I want to treat the mites but I'm very worried about accidentally hurting the chickens. Any advice?

Thanks! After looking closer, I think they may be chicken lice? I see no blood spots and they're mostly in the neck and back feathers. Really fast little things.

I do have a mite killer, Safer's End All, that I use on my vegetable garden but I'd be afraid to use it in the coop/run.
I used garden Deris Dust on my dogs for years as a flea powder .. back in the day before topical tube treatments and saw no harm come to them. I use a product called Pestine, it can be used on every animal. I hope you find a fast solution... mites and lice = heeby jeebies!

Wood ash is caustic when wet, not recommended for wet or damp environments. Also burns the eyes and respiratory system.
Can you get mite treatments for parrot there?

Wood ash is caustic when wet, not recommended for wet or damp environments. Also burns the eyes and respiratory system.
Can you get mite treatments for parrot there?
Not that I can find but I'm still looking!

A lot of articles online recommend some organic pesticides but that makes me a little nervous.

Back
Top Bottom