IMG_20200303_161808.jpg
IMG_20200303_161811.jpg
IMG_20200303_161853.jpg

Dolly is more confident, sweet and doesn't mind being held ♡:
IMG_20200303_161928.jpg
IMG_20200303_162013.jpg

Alma is a complete cuddler, loves getting scratches and sleeping in my palm:
IMG_20200303_162051.jpg

(notice my old boy Koda in the back working so hard to be good 😂)

IMG_20200303_162142.jpg

I got them all from Rural King, Pearl and Dolly look to be from the same hatch and Alma was a bit bigger, I think she's either a different batch or a different breed. She is also feathering a bit slower. Reallllly hoping I don't get a rooster as it is illegal in city limits where I live *sigh*

Eithey way, I love these little ones!

2 1/2 weeks 😊

Pearl is a lady, shy but sweet and needs to be close to her sisters:

View attachment 2041065View attachment 2041068View attachment 2041069

Dolly is more confident, sweet and doesn't mind being held ♡:
View attachment 2041070View attachment 2041072

Alma is a complete cuddler, loves getting scratches and sleeping in my palm:
View attachment 2041074
(notice my old boy Koda in the back working so hard to be good 😂)

View attachment 2041076

I got them all from Rural King, Pearl and Dolly look to be from the same hatch and Alma was a bit bigger, I think she's either a different batch or a different breed. She is also feathering a bit slower. Reallllly hoping I don't get a rooster as it is illegal in city limits where I live *sigh*

Eithey way, I love these little ones!
The last one has a barring gene. You can tell not only from the lines on the feathers but the light colored ring around it’s eyes. Not too familiar with this breed but it would indicate a rooster in sapphire gems (different than sapphire olive egger). I’m not sure about the olive Eggers and if that is also a autosexing for them or not. Something to look into if you can’t have roosters.

The "Ladies" 3 weeks:

Pearl
The last one has a barring gene. You can tell not only from the lines on the feathers but the light colored ring around it’s eyes. Not too familiar with this breed but it would indicate a rooster in sapphire gems (different than sapphire olive egger). I’m not sure about the olive Eggers and if that is also a autosexing for them or not. Something to look into if you can’t have roosters.
Thank you for that information, it's very helpful! ♡

So I there is a such thing as a barred olive egger. Still not sure if it can be a sexlink thing. I picked this cutie up at TSC last night and was told it is an olive egger pullet. All of them had dots on their heads. It has fluffy cheeks so I’m sure it’s going to look like and ester egger. Right now it is just a ball of fluff

Attachments

• FAD70FE1-B534-47BE-9696-7D1FA997F7B9.jpeg
    FAD70FE1-B534-47BE-9696-7D1FA997F7B9.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 9
So I there is a such thing as a barred olive egger. Still not sure if it can be a sexlink thing. I picked this cutie up at TSC last night and was told it is an olive egger pullet. All of them had dots on their heads. It has fluffy cheeks so I’m sure it’s going to look like and ester egger. Right now it is just a ball of fluff
This looks EXACTLY like my chick 🥰 At first I was worried they grabbed a barred Plymouth out of the bin because there were some other breeds mixed in and she doesn't look like my other 2 Olive Eggers who are very similar to each other, but I am fairly positive now she is an Olive Egger from a different hatch. She is also a tad behind on feathering which has been worrying me, but her tail pins are showing up now, so I am beginning to think she is also a little younger than the other 2 as well. She has a very slight white mark on her head too. Thank you for updating me! I tried to go into where I bought my Olive Eggers to see if they matched my chick and they were sold out the very next day!

Back
Top Bottom