Protecting My Chickens this Morning with my Gamo

nightcap

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 13, 2009
I got woken up around 2:30 by son who told me of loud noises and frantic clucking. I went out the back door and shined a light in the entrance of my coop and got suprised by an opossum. I had to use my Gamo pellet rifle because of being in the city, but I got it. I love My Gamo.

Good post! Pellet gun is a good choice as compared to a day of repairs from using such things as shotguns, etc. Congrats. Now for figuring how to keep from a repeat performance by the next pred.
smile.png

Hmmm...can you tell me about this Gamo. I know nothing about guns and live in the city. could it be used on raccoons? don't even know if that's legal in CA.

Gamo is a brand of high powered air guns. They are very powerfull but whisper quiet for most of them. They are legal just about everywhere. AND VERY ACCURATE, DEADLY ACCURATE. squirell, chipmunk, rats,. opposum, racoons, fox, dog, cat and certain winged objects fear the gamo!!

Quote:
big_smile.png
not sure where you read that but it is astronomically wrong.

at the muzzle a 1200 fps air rifle shooting a 7 grain .177 pellet has 22 foot lbs of energy or "power"
at the muzzle a 1750 fps .22 lr shooting a 30 grain bullet has 204 foot pounds

sub sonic .22 ammunition can be purchased which will lower the speed of the bullet eliminating the crack you hear.

I have put down several coons and two coyotes with my PCP airgun. IT shoots sub MOA and regulary gives me 1/2" groups at 75 yds. If you place your shot where you want it you don't need 200 fpe to down coyote sized pests. My gun puts out 72 fpe and has proven effective without the worry of 1 mile danger.

I love my gamo too,I have a whisper and it works awsome because its quiet and it will shoot 1200 FPS

I'm thinking of putting my shotgun laser on the gamo. It comes with a fairly nice scope however it wasn't too easy holding the light and hitting my target. The laser for my shotgun has the usual red dot but added a spray of dots all around to light up the area more to avoid hitting unwanted targets. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom