Proudly New Member

Proudly new member to the world of poultry since October 3, 2022.

I started out with 15 baby chicks and 3 adult chickens and now I own 42 chickens.

1 Regular Grey Gamefowl rooster
2 Regular Grey Gamefowl hens
2 Brown Leghorns
1 Exchequer Leghorn
1 Buff Silkie
1 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock
1 Blue Orpington
2 Buff Orpington
1 Lavender Orpington
1 Sapphire Gem
3 Rhode Island Red
4 Easter Egger
1 Barred Plymouth Rock
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
1 Golden Laced Wyandotte
1 Prairie Blue Bell
1 Production Red
2 Black sex Link
2 New Hampshire Red
1 Barnevelder
2 Speckled Sussex
1 Blue Copper Maran
1 Blue Plymouth Rock
1 Wheaten Maran
3 Swedish Flower
3 Blue Ameraucana
And finally
1 Black Cooper Maran
:eek:

My Favorite aspect about raising backyard chickens, besides the Egg-cellent eggs, is the valuable knowledge my family and I learn every day from all of these birds. The care, the feeding, nurturing, etc.

Other interests are farming and cultivation, raising animals and basic wood shop.

I have been a certified barber for 17 years who owned only 2 cats but now my family and I want to live in a more sustainable way and we are currently working on building up our homestead. Raising livestock and organic crops to bring food to our table. With Nigerian Dwarf goats, chickens and Kunekune pigs. And would love to expand to lamb and turkeys as well sometime soon.

Even before joining this community, every time I had any questions about chickens I would always end up on this website. So now I’m formally a happy new member 🥳
Welcome, and what an excellent flock! I see you have two types of Wyandottes. We have a Lavender Wyandotte who is one of the most friendliest girls we have and a great layer. I wish you well on the establishment of your homestead.

Back
Top Bottom