809.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20231201_082346.jpg
    20231201_082346.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231207_075143 (1).jpg
    20231207_075143 (1).jpg
    882.1 KB · Views: 13
Both are cockerels!
Sigh :'( The lady I got the hatching eggs from swears these 2 are Pullets. I guess I'm not going to know 100% for sure till they are 16 weeks and have all their feathers in. I'm going to be SO sad if they are all boys as I wanted blue and green eggs. And than I have to find homes for them as my hubs is not ready for males yet because he's afraid they will hurt the girls we have.

Sigh :'( The lady I got the hatching eggs from swears these 2 are Pullets. I guess I'm not going to know 100% for sure till they are 16 weeks and have all their feathers in. I'm going to be SO sad if they are all boys as I wanted blue and green eggs. And than I have to find homes for them as my hubs is not ready for males yet because he's afraid they will hurt the girls we have.
They are for sure all cockerels. The barred one could be an odd-looking pullet but I would lean more on the cockerel side due to a few important things. Let me show you.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 6.58.46 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 7.11.47 AM.png

You are right that your cockerels might hurt the hens and pullets because you do not have a correct ratio, but you don't have to re-home all of them. You can re-home two of them and keep one.

They are for sure all cockerels. The barred one could be an odd-looking pullet but I would lean more on the cockerel side due to a few important things. Let me show you.

View attachment 3704266
View attachment 3704267

You are right that your cockerels might hurt the hens and pullets because you do not have a correct ratio, but you don't have to re-home all of them. You can re-home two of them and keep one.
Thank you! I thought I was going crazy. The lady I got the eggs from keeps acting like I don't know anything and getting me all confused. I had called these 3 all Cockerels at 8 weeks and she told me I was crazy and only 1 was.
I'm sad cause I'm not getting blue or green eggs! :'( My hubs is not quite on board with having males on property yet. :'( and we don't have an extra coop. Now to start looking for homes :'(

View attachment 3704266
View attachment 3704267

This EE is a Cockerel because of the red wings, the large legs, and the Sickle feathers in the tail correct? anything else that screams male? He's 10 weeks too, he hatched 1st but is the smallest of the 3 boys. Momma stated with them till they were 7 weeks old keeping them safe and warm with all the girls in the coop. All 3 run from the big girls and now the chicken tenders. But I can pet them on the roost at night if I brave the cold. We use to have to go out and get them out of the nest box for the 1st tow weeks after momma went back into the pecking order, that was around thanksgiving. Than we got smart and would just block the nest boxes (3 of the 5) after 4pm until 7am. They have been good and sleeping on the roost without encouragements for 10 days now.
The reddish chick is ODD he has barring too red, white, and black/gray on some of his feathers that I've found and cleaned.

Attachments

• 20231207_075201.jpg
    20231207_075201.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231201_082255.jpg
    20231201_082255.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 12
This EE is a Cockerel because of the red wings, the large legs, and the Sickle feathers in the tail correct? anything else that screams male? He's 10 weeks too, he hatched 1st but is the smallest of the 3 boys. Momma stated with them till they were 7 weeks old keeping them safe and warm with all the girls in the coop. All 3 run from the big girls and now the chicken tenders. But I can pet them on the roost at night if I brave the cold. We use to have to go out and get them out of the nest box for the 1st tow weeks after momma went back into the pecking order, that was around thanksgiving. Than we got smart and would just block the nest boxes (3 of the 5) after 4pm until 7am. They have been good and sleeping on the roost without encouragements for 10 days now.
The reddish chick is ODD he has barring too red, white, and black/gray on some of his feathers that I've found and cleaned.
Nothing else screams cockerel for the most part, other than maybe his general cockerel-like stance.

Nothing else screams cockerel for the most part, other than maybe his general cockerel-like stance.
I saw the sickle feathers on the last on today. He is hiding them under his big wings. The barred Rock looking one is hard to tell and wont let me catch 'em to get a closer look. My girls keep the 3 running away. So much for adding blue and green eggs to my basket this year!

Back
Top Bottom