Pullet? Roo? One of each?

Cosmic

In the Brooder
Dec 24, 2016
Maine
I got these two beauties today, my daughter's friend had a hen that hatched a couple eggs unexpectedly and they didn't want to keep the chicks. Just not sure if I've got two hens or if one of them might be a rooster. The father is a white Cochin and the mother looks like a red sex link but the owners aren't sure of her breed.

As you see one of them has a mohawk and no comb or wattle while the other one has a comb and wattle. Would just like to know what I have here.

They were hatched on Thanksgiving so they are almost two months old. They both also have a double toe on each foot.

Oh yes, my mistake the father is a silkie not a Cochin. The owners said they would swap one out if I ended up with a rooster but I'm not sure they are sure of the sexes yet either. I had asked for two hens since I have a fairly small flock and already have a rooster.

If I have 9 hens and a barred rock rooster would it be OK to add this cockerel to the flock with him in the spring or should I swap him out for another hen?

Back
Top Bottom