pullet sick?

thehbcrew

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Long Island
One of my pullets is barely eating, and is laying around all day barely walking, seems like she can just chooses not to. tonight i had to pick her up and put her in the coop, this way i know she was safe from raccoons and what not. Not sure what to do, noticed it yesterday, and today is way worse. Also she was always first to start maturing, but then seem to stop and all the rest are way ahead of her now, she her comb seem to stop growing in. Any ideas? im affraid to keep her in the coop with the others, but at same time dont want the night time creatures after her.

Suggestions?

Go out with a flashlight and check her for mites/lice. Look at the base of the feathers after it gets dark.

im sure chickens get sick, just make sure she has WATER!!!!! use a medicine dropper if you have to. If she doesnt drink she will for sure die. what is you climate like???

60's during the day, low 50's at night i think these days.. NY

Today shes moving a lot more then yesterday, and she was out grazing with the rest, still a little slow on the feet, but she did get out of the coop on her own this morning, and shes not just laying around like yesterday. But i did find 2 soft eggs this morning in the opposite corner of the coop. No one has ever layed there, always in the egg box. Is it possible that shes having a hard time developing for the eggs and its just wearing her down. Also seems strange there was 2 soft eggs in the same wrong spot.

Back
Top Bottom