Pullet with bad eye? I need suggestions?

SilkieLover01

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 18, 2014
Hey everyone,
After a long hiatus due to school, I got back into chickens last week. I acquired two 4-5 month old pullets from a guy with a bunch of chickens, who looked healthy and has sold many chickens to other people. Anyways, I didn't see pullet #1 up close and personal before she was loaded in the box. Get home, and notice something just isn't quite right with her eyes.

I've been giving her Tylosin injections .5 cc/ 1x a day for the last 4 days. They're probably going subq and not IM, as im just putting it under the skin in the breast (i suck at chicken shots). I've also been putting the injectable tylosin in their drinking water.

Four days later, her eyes don't look any different. She has no other symptoms, is very active and has a great appetite, no discharge, and the other pullet she came with is fine. I got a new pullet from a different flock on saturday and threw her in, and she's not showing symptoms either. Any thoughts on what this is? I don't feel like it's Coryza but I have no clue what it is. Is it an old injury? A parasite?

Was thinking about acquiring some Baytril generic, but I'm reading you can NEVER EAT THE EGGS AGAIN AFTER USING IT? That would literally void the purpose of having chickens during the apocalypse!

Attachments

• IMG_5110.JPG
    IMG_5110.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1114.JPG
    IMG_1114.JPG
    441.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    448.5 KB · Views: 3
I should also mention it's Tylan50 i've been giving her, but it's REALLY OLD. Like a 4 year old bottle, hidden away in a dark cabinet I just re discovered. Would that potentially be why it's not working? Also, I know I saw it at tractor supply years ago, i dont see it there now?

Back
Top Bottom