Pullets or Cockrels?!!?

swampbrat

Chirping
Dec 1, 2015
Texas
I have always bought pre-sexed chicks, but this past year we hatched 15 babies. So, I seriously have no idea what sex they are. They are mixed breed- and I lost track of who the mother was, but I'm guessing. The dad was an ameraucana. I *think* out of the 15 that 5 are roos. But I honestly don't know. I'm posting pics of the ones I think might be cockrels. Please don't laugh at me because I have only had one rooster (and one of these guys looks just like his dad.) I did my best to get pics, but if I need better ones please let me know. I appreciate it!! The 4 bigger ones are 12 weeks today. The first one is almost 9 weeks 5 days.

20180105_091239.jpg
10 weeks

20180105_091139.jpg
12 weeks (Pretty sure the mom was a white leghorn.)

20180105_091304.jpg
12 weeks (Mom was a dominique. We have 2 like this, but this one is bigger with a bigger comb.)

20180105_091331.jpg
Bad pic, but the pretty brown one looks just like the dad... The one next to it is the one from the pic before.

20180105_091358.jpg
12 weeks... The one with brown on the back. She/he is huge. Has thick legs and I *think* her saddle feathers are pointed. She/he has beautiful hackle feathers as well.

Tough to tell with some of those pictures. I can tell you for sure that the bird in pic 2 is a cockerel and the red-shouldered bird in pic 5 is also definitely a cockerel.

The barred bird is pics 3 and 4 is very likely a cockerel too. And I think the brown bird in pic 4 is also a cockerel due to plumage pattern.

That leaves the bird in pic 1. A better picture of its side profile would help. As it stands now I would lean cockerel on this one too based on comb and color pattern but I'm least sure on this one.

I think all 5 are probably cockerels.

Thank y'all so much! I'm hoping that's all the cockrels. I'm pretty positive about the rest of the flock.
Here is a side view of chicken #1 from the first post.
20180103_163246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom