Pullets? Or roos? Dominique

Puranin

Chirping
Dec 8, 2016
Tennessee
Got these sweet "girls" today supposed to be two dominique/dominicker pullets about 2 months old. Both have Grey down legs but the one has a bigger comb and waddles.

Attachments

• 20180803_174102.jpg
    20180803_174102.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 29
You are correct, Dominiques should have a rose comb. The one in front is a cockerel, it looks single barred as well as not being rose combed. Where did you get them?

That's what I thought. I also thought that Dominique's had rose combs but completely new to the breed.
They look potentially mixed to me, especially the rooster. Sometimes people, especially old timers call any barred bird a dominicker. Excuse that sentence if you are the one coming up with that term. :)

You are correct, Dominiques should have a rose comb. The one in front is a cockerel, it looks single barred as well as not being rose combed. Where did you get them?

Just from a local backyard farmer who had her hen go broody. She has raised several broods from her flock of Dominique's. But they weren't registered or anything.

They look potentially mixed to me, especially the rooster. Sometimes people, especially old timers call any barred bird a dominicker. Excuse that sentence if you are the one coming up with that term. :)
No wasnt me. they may be mixes but I have no idea with what. Doesn't really matter though I just wanted the pretty pattern added to my flock. Not really worried about purity.

Just from a local backyard farmer who had her hen go broody. She has raised several broods from her flock of Dominique's. But they weren't registered or anything.
I'm not real familiar with the breed, but they don't look pure to me, but I definitely could be wrong about it. :idunno She should have known the one was a rooster though. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom