Pullets

plang28

Chirping
Feb 24, 2020
These are 10-11 week old Lavender Isabel Cuckoo Orpington ( rooster ) X with Blue Partridge or Red Pyle Brahmas and an Olive Egger x same rooster . Middle one in the first picture appears to be a cockerel . So hard to tell with these breeds . Should I be checking for tail feathers , even lengths hens uneven and possibly curled rooster ? Last 4 photos are the ones I think may be roosters .

Attachments

• DSCN1109.JPG
    DSCN1109.JPG
    901.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN1104.JPG
    DSCN1104.JPG
    671.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN1107.JPG
    DSCN1107.JPG
    726.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1113.JPG
    DSCN1113.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1119.JPG
    DSCN1119.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1117.JPG
    DSCN1117.JPG
    901.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1112.JPG
    DSCN1112.JPG
    600.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
These are 10-11 week old Lavender Isabel Cuckoo Orpington ( rooster ) X with Blue Partridge or Red Pyle Brahmas and an Olive Egger x same rooster . Middle one in the first picture appears to be a cockerel . So hard to tell with these breeds . Should I be checking for tail feathers , even lengths hens uneven and possibly curled rooster ?
By this point, the roosters should get saddle feathers...I see mostly hens though...

These are 10-11 week old Lavender Isabel Cuckoo Orpington ( rooster ) X with Blue Partridge or Red Pyle Brahmas and an Olive Egger x same rooster . Middle one in the first picture appears to be a cockerel . So hard to tell with these breeds . Should I be checking for tail feathers , even lengths hens uneven and possibly curled rooster ?
Thank you . This one I assume is a rooster .

Attachments

• DSCN1110.JPG
    DSCN1110.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Did you hatch them yourself? If so, you are extremely lucky...as i see all they hens with 2 that are questionable. But at this point, if the barred rock has no saddle feathers, it’s a female

Did you hatch them yourself? If so, you are extremely lucky...as i see all they hens with 2 that are questionable. But at this point, if the barred rock has no saddle feathers, it’s a female
Yes I did hatch them myself . The Barred Rock is definitely a rooster , I purchased those straight run ended up with 3 hens and 7 roosters , ugh , lol .I sold the hens already , big difference in the barring . He just happened to be in here , lol .

These are 10-11 week old Lavender Isabel Cuckoo Orpington ( rooster ) X with Blue Partridge or Red Pyle Brahmas and an Olive Egger x same rooster . Middle one in the first picture appears to be a cockerel . So hard to tell with these breeds . Should I be checking for tail feathers , even lengths hens uneven and possibly curled rooster ? Last 4 photos are the ones I think may be roosters .
Do you have updated pictures of these chicks? I see two cockerels in those photos.

Back
Top Bottom